Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

17.50 an hour to flip burgers

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
What do you two drive that gas costs you $800 a month? I essentially live on the road and prices are coming down.
My wife has a long commute to work. I have to make 2 trips per day to the next town over to take my daughter to school and back in the evening. As well as driving to my Jiu-jitsu school to teach 6-7 times per week. Sometimes more depending on how many privates I have to do. I use premium no ethanol in my BMW and it was $5.59 per gallon until just recently.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
The issue that I have with paying people 15 to $20 an hour for minimum wage jobs is it just raises the cost of everything that has to do with that particular industry. Yes I believe that people should make a working wage but minimum wage jobs were not made to make a career out of. Minimum wage jobs are for high school students, people putting themselves through college that needs extra money maybe work for Christmas gifts, get behind on your bills a little you go work a minimum wage job get caught up.

I, in no way look down on any minimum wage worker or anyone at that who is trying to make a living. The issue is you pay somebody $20 an hour to flip burgers the burgers going to cost $25 each because they have to cover not only the wage of that person plus the overhead plus taxes Plus insurance plus the cost of owning a franchise and everything else involved. Then what happens is that $20 an hour is equal to about $7 an hour so we're right back where we started so then what option do we have but to raise minimum wage to $30 an hour?? Then hamburgers will be $40 each.

And it starts all over again.

I have worked my share of minimum wage jobs even as an adult. When I had medical bills I took a part-time minimum wage job flipping burgers. I knew it wasn't long-term and I knew it wasn't much but I knew how much the pay was when I went in and I can't bitch about it.

The issue in my opinion is not that people want more money they want more money but not even have to work. You have so many people that are just lazy there's no other way to put it.

*Stepping off my soapbox now

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The issue that I have with paying people 15 to $20 an hour for minimum wage jobs is it just raises the cost of everything that has to do with that particular industry. Yes I believe that people should make a working wage but minimum wage jobs were not made to make a career out of. Minimum wage jobs are for high school students, people putting themselves through college that needs extra money maybe work for Christmas gifts, get behind on your bills a little you go work a minimum wage job get caught up.

I, in no way look down on any minimum wage worker or anyone at that who is trying to make a living. The issue is you pay somebody $20 an hour to flip burgers the burgers going to cost $25 each because they have to cover not only the wage of that person plus the overhead plus taxes Plus insurance plus the cost of owning a franchise and everything else involved. Then what happens is that $20 an hour is equal to about $7 an hour so we're right back where we started so then what option do we have but to raise minimum wage to $30 an hour?? Then hamburgers will be $40 each.

And it starts all over again.

I have worked my share of minimum wage jobs even as an adult. When I had medical bills I took a part-time minimum wage job flipping burgers. I knew it wasn't long-term and I knew it wasn't much but I knew how much the pay was when I went in and I can't bitch about it.

The issue in my opinion is not that people want more money they want more money but not even have to work. You have so many people that are just lazy there's no other way to put it.

*Stepping off my soapbox now
It was a very valid soapbox, but (all) politicians, and their "bases," and (all) media outlets the politicians cater to and interact with may be determinng which way 1776 America will go. Not sure if I'll live long enough to see it, not sure if I want to.

Back in my youth, 100(?)yrs ago ... there used to be a phrase about the "military-industrial-complex," a cynical way of implying that each profited from the other.

Nowadays, there may be a "political-media" complex, and way too many voting Americans will even know wtf hit them.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
My wife has a long commute to work. I have to make 2 trips per day to the next town over to take my daughter to school and back in the evening. As well as driving to my Jiu-jitsu school to teach 6-7 times per week. Sometimes more depending on how many privates I have to do. I use premium no ethanol in my BMW and it was $5.59 per gallon until just recently.
Dang, lots of driving and I’m going to factor the town over isn’t 2 miles away, and the long commute has to be 30-40 miles.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Dang, lots of driving and I’m going to factor the town over isn’t 2 miles away, and the long commute has to be 30-40 miles.
Yep, about 10-12 miles for me 4-6 times per day and her commute is around 40-45 miles.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
These jobs were never meant to be careers but jobs for 16-18 year olds to make enough to buy your swwetheart a candy or a date on the weekend..
Getting your feet wet in the REAL World then advancing yourself from there and giving value to the workplace.
IT is all fucke up from this gay equality bullshit and lies.
If you need more money work harder at becoming more valuable to others.
That is how it is supposed to work.
I feel the minimum wage in some states is well beyond stupid and is fucking the economy just like faggot Biden wants to do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic