Members
Latest Member
pbtom

1280lb New All Time Squat Record?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I remember my last full meet I did 825, 900 and 950. I had done 900 once in the gym but never 950. I was absolutely scared to death and knew I was going to die going 900 and it was easy. So I said what the hell. Got scare to death again and blew 950 up. I had to walk this out too. My feet felt like they were nailed to the floor and I could not even get my breath. My training partners asked me what it felt like. Hell, like I got put in a fucking trash compactor. You may not show panic and fear but I promise it is there.

Anthony Clark trained over 1000 most the time. I was spotting him from behind with 1000 and he passed out coming up out of the hole and the bar landed on my forearms and crashed to the floor. Anthony fell back on top of me.....all 360 lbs of him. Usually at those weights he had blood coming out of his nose. A few weeks later at the WPO in Daytona he dropped 900 warming up while I was the rear spotter.

Are U familiar with the vid that showed the bro squatting around 1000lbs + in a meet?...He had the suit on and went down, but held his breath, when he tried to push back up his ass blew out and u could see the intestines oozing out onto the floor...He screamed like a wild commanchee!...That was the most horrid thing I've ever seen in lifting!...Moral of the story?...BREATH!....

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
SAD is a reputable member here. You should back off while you can BackAtIt. You're coming across like a small child.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
*LOL*, Tex...I did 450lb on bench in high school, twice...He did 800lb!...Are u kidding!...That is awesome, bro...Thanx for the vid!

Anthony did a 600lb bench when he was a senior in HS. It was THSPA, SHW record. Not sure it has ever been broken. I knew Anthony for quite a few years and was at the hospital with my wife when he took his last breath. I was honored to be one of the 6 who carried him to his final resting place. Notice AC also did the 800 with a reverse grip.

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
SAD is a reputable member here. You should back off while you can BackAtIt. You're coming across like a small child.

I like SAD, Iron...However, don't I have a right to show where, why I said what I said?...He is the one that slung the "name" calling, not me?....I saw a discrepancy, and posted it...I mean, should I sit back and let the man call me "insane" *lol* WITHOUT showing differently?...How am I the kid?...I not once called him anything, did I?...Merely gave rebuttal to what he said...I still respect, but If I'm not allowed to defend myself, then by all means, ban me...!...I can't believe u don't see this and u are calling me the "kid"....I posted his remarks where he is claiming to be to different things...Do u see this?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Anthony did a 600lb bench when he was a senior in HS. It was THSPA, SHW record. Not sure it has ever been broken. I knew Anthony for quite a few years and was at the hospital with my wife when he took his last breath. I was honored to be one of the 6 who carried him to his final resting place. Notice AC also did the 800 with a reverse grip.

Mike Hittenger played for FSU for 2 weeks until they kicked him off the team...He was to violent and was hurting people during practice, Bobby Bowden let him go..It was well known of him benching the 600, I even was on the scene on an occasion and helped spot...Unless they were using fake plates, then he did it...More than once...Anyway, look him up...He is in Georgia today due to not being allowed to live in Florida...I don't have reason to lie...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Where is FIST now that we really need him?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I like SAD, Iron...However, don't I have a right to show where, why I said what I said?...He is the one that slung the "name" calling, not me?....I saw a discrepancy, and posted it...I mean, should I sit back and let the man call me "insane" *lol* WITHOUT showing differently?...How am I the kid?...I not once called him anything, did I?...Merely gave rebuttal to what he said...I still respect, but If I'm not allowed to defend myself, then by all means, ban me...!...I can't believe u don't see this and u are calling me the "kid"....I posted his remarks where he is claiming to be to different things...Do u see this?...

I get what you're saying - but back off bro. SAD is well respected by many - many of us like like and appreciate him. Just swallow it and move on because the cut and paste quotes etc are showing too much effort with no upside.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Awe shucks guys, you do care.

@BackAtIt - You have a way about you that reminds me of a member we used to have. He was a bit frantic and eccentric, as are you. Not a dig.
My apologies for the institution joke. It was a dig and I’m sorry.

I believe in God.
I also believe in survival of the fittest, and evolution while we’re at it (not species to species but rather incredible adaptations within a species over eons).
Put me in a cage with Hillary Clinton, for example. I’m going quickly murder her before she has somebody else kill me, and then thank God afterwards. Bam. Survival of the fittest meets religion.

I digress. The point is, there is no point in copy/pasting silly arguments from a different thread. There are bigger fish to fry right now.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
@BackAtIt - You have a way about you that reminds me of a member we used to have. He was a bit frantic and eccentric, as are you. Not a dig.
My apologies for the institution joke. It was a dig and I’m sorry.

I think the pain has got hold of me, bro...It's been roughly 20 years now of it...I don't think I can handle it myself anymore...Been procrastinating in going back to doc...Really don't want to get back on meds (narcotics)...However, I think it's my only choice at this point if Im gonna have any type of relief...

I apologize as well for over reacting...I like everyone on this board, it's really a pleasure to be part of it...I think am getting to the point of no return, so I keep trying to fight it, but seem to loose my senses at times...SAD, I can't even play a whole song that I''ve played for years by heart, not miss a beat or note, yet, now I have to keep my computer on so I can look constantly at the song i'm trying to play...It's pathetic!...Again, I am sorry too, bro!...

I believe in God.
I also believe in survival of the fittest, and evolution while we’re at it (not species to species but rather incredible adaptations within a species over eons).
Put me in a cage with Hillary Clinton, for example. I’m going quickly murder her before she has somebody else kill me, and then thank God afterwards. Bam. Survival of the fittest meets religion.

I digress. The point is, there is no point in copy/pasting silly arguments from a different thread. There are bigger fish to fry right now.

I got ya, *LOL*...Yeah I know what u are saying, but remember, even the fittest die too...Just later, *LOL*...I miss my poor ole dad tremendously, SAD....He thought a lot like u and your dad do...He didn't believe tho...If there is no God, then where is the hope for our dead loved ones, right?...Means we will never see them again...

Anyway, I'm good if u are...Let's continue on making this a jam up board!...Peace!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I get what you're saying - but back off bro. SAD is well respected by many - many of us like like and appreciate him. Just swallow it and move on because the cut and paste quotes etc are showing too much effort with no upside.

Will do!...I like him too!...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Mike Hittenger played for FSU for 2 weeks until they kicked him off the team...He was to violent and was hurting people during practice, Bobby Bowden let him go..It was well known of him benching the 600, I even was on the scene on an occasion and helped spot...Unless they were using fake plates, then he did it...More than once...Anyway, look him up...He is in Georgia today due to not being allowed to live in Florida...I don't have reason to lie...

The most amazing thing I saw was at the Europa, Dallas, Texas in 2008 where I put on the Powerlifting Supershow with John Inzer. Tiny Meeker did 3 sets with 11 reps with 600 lbs then 10 reps and then 7 and then 12 reps with 500lbs. Glenn Russo did 17 reps and Scot Mendelson did 13 reps at 500lbs. Before all of this even happened Scot Mendelson did 850 x 2 and 900 x 1 while Tiny Meeker did 800 x 2 and attempted 950.

I also trained two high school seniors who both hit 525 in a high school meet for State Records. One was in the 275's and the other in the 220's. Amazing athletes for the age. The comes the high school 275'er Matt Poursoltani of Texas that broke the previous 275 record and benched 700 at a THSPA State meet

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I used to be modestly proud of my squatting capability, but I'm not in the league of you fellas. The most I ever did was 495X5. I could tell when I was fatiguing, as my one knee would starting moving in. I never quite got rid of that bad habit. What got me to quit was the ridiculous inflammation in my knees. I got to the point I couldn't sit still in a movie theatre or on an airplane, it was so uncomfortable. I guess some guys just have sturdier genetics. I backed off on the heavy stuff, and the inflammation went away and hasn't returned.

Mad props to you guys.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic