Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

1280lb New All Time Squat Record?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
The most amazing thing I saw was at the Europa, Dallas, Texas in 2008 where I put on the Powerlifting Supershow with John Inzer. Tiny Meeker did 3 sets with 11 reps with 600 lbs then 10 reps and then 7 and then 12 reps with 500lbs. Glenn Russo did 17 reps and Scot Mendelson did 13 reps at 500lbs. Before all of this even happened Scot Mendelson did 850 x 2 and 900 x 1 while Tiny Meeker did 800 x 2 and attempted 950.

I also trained two high school seniors who both hit 525 in a high school meet for State Records. One was in the 275's and the other in the 220's. Amazing athletes for the age. The comes the high school 275'er Matt Poursoltani of Texas that broke the previous 275 record and benched 700 at a THSPA State meet

*LOL*...He made that look eassssssy!...I just can't rap my mind around that kind of weight on bench...I did 700 on squat, once at the same time I did my bench...However, again, just like when I had the 450 on my chest, when I came out of the rack with the 700 on my back, it felt like a mack truck was on me...I ended up pinching a nerve on that one...Never attempted that kind of weight again...I would go up to 500 on squats for reps tho...Now on the leg press, I would do a pretty good chunk....

That is just out of this world to put that on his chest and then make it look that easy!...I talked with one of Mike's brothers not to long ago, and he said mike was working out with 700 on squats...Not bad for an old guy...He is 280lb tho...

What time period is this in, Tex?...Mike and I come from the 80's...It looks like people have increased the bar quite a bit...Back in our day, what we were doing was considered phenomenal....I was only 190, but people always thought I was pushing 225...I was considered strong for my weight...U know, that formula that is used....Anyway, thanks for sharing , brah!...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
*LOL*...He made that look eassssssy!...I just can't rap my mind around that kind of weight on bench...I did 700 on squat, once at the same time I did my bench...However, again, just like when I had the 450 on my chest, when I came out of the rack with the 700 on my back, it felt like a mack truck was on me...I ended up pinching a nerve on that one...Never attempted that kind of weight again...I would go up to 500 on squats for reps tho...Now on the leg press, I would do a pretty good chunk....

That is just out of this world to put that on his chest and then make it look that easy!...I talked with one of Mike's brothers not to long ago, and he said mike was working out with 700 on squats...Not bad for an old guy...He is 280lb tho...

What time period is this in, Tex?...Mike and I come from the 80's...It looks like people have increased the bar quite a bit...Back in our day, what we were doing was considered phenomenal....I was only 190, but people always thought I was pushing 225...I was considered strong for my weight...U know, that formula that is used....Anyway, thanks for sharing , brah!...

The Europa was 2008, Anthony Clark's was 1995 and this kid was maybe 2015. I started lifting in the 198's in 1980. My first meet I hit about 1650. My training partner was John Inzer. The longer I stayed in the more my weight went up and the more my total went up. I ended in the 308lb weight class. There were some pretty strong guys back then that I knew. Jim Cash, Ernie Frantz, Bill Kazmire, Kurt Karwalski, Ted Arcidi, Larry Pacifico and of course John Inzer. Most all of them I know and respect. If fact I have s picture at a national meet in Pennsylvania of me hitting a WR deadlift with Captain Kurt standing behind me yelling. The 90's brought new talent and bigger number and the 2000's single lift guys started really pushing things to the limit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic