Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

100 calorie snack ideas

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Who hasn't spent way too much money on a box of those cleverly packaged 100-calorie baglettes of cookies or crackers?

Even though you know they cost roughly twice what a regular bag does -- not to mention that all of that packaging is a mini environmental disaster -- they do limit temptation. Plus, having a premeasured munchie to reach for when you're just comfortably hungry keeps you from becoming ravenous.

"That's when you're more likely to eat the wrong stuff and too much of it," says Elizabeth Somer, RD, author of Age-Proof Your Body (McGraw-Hill). The snack you pack has another advantage: It's likely to be healthier than most prepackaged mini bags.

Save your dough and satisfy your snack attacks with one of these treats. Lots are single servings; nearly all the rest can be popped into snack-size plastic bags and thrown into a pocket or backpack. No willpower needed.

--5 Hershey's dark chocolate Kisses or 2 Dove Promise dark chocolate miniatures

--2 fresh figs or 1 juicy pear

--English muffin toasted with just enough cheddar to meltingly cover the top

--1 heaping cup of cherries or 12 dried apricot halves

--12 almonds

--1 Klondike Slim-a-Bear fudge bar or 2 Dole frozen fruit juice bars

--48 Rold Gold pretzel sticks

--If you're pregnant and craving nothing but pickles, you can happily munch and crunch through 8 medium dills.

--Left your snack pack on the kitchen counter? Pick up a drink made with milk, soymilk, or yogurt. Our favorite liquid options: 1 Dannon Light & Fit Raspberry Smoothie or 1 Starbucks 8-ounce Caramel Macchiato, made with nonfat milk.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
lol@ one JUICY pear......

I get these 100 calorie Chicken Brats at Costco FULL of protein one carb low fat. Little stadium mustard and I am good to go. ALso check out pop chips they are just over 100 calories a serving but are pretty good.

G

geneify

Oct 7, 2012
try cutting up some sweet potatoes (very thinly) baked them till their crispy, add salt, pepper and a dash of cinamon...

S

sprawl33

Aug 15, 2013
I'm going to try that...I buy those 100 cal things all the time

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
pre-packaged string cheese and 6 oz low sugar greek yogurt are some other good ones.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic