terry0400-40
What's New?

10 Cent Solution for DBs that don't go High Enough

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Cable Ties!

Alright... so I wouldn't recommend it for pressing, but for rows they worked great. My corporate gym is nice but the DBs only go to 100#. I love DB rows but that weight does me no good. So, the 200# double decker was a little much today... only got 3-4 reps... so instead I strapped two 75s together and did a 10 x 10 with 150#.

Just thought I'd throw this out there as an alternative to anyone with the same problem. When you're done, just cut them off and move on :)

ajdos

ajdos

MuscleHead
Sep 8, 2010
Yeah for rows thats good, for presses you have to go duct tape, take it from me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Cable Ties!

Alright... so I wouldn't recommend it for pressing, but for rows they worked great. My corporate gym is nice but the DBs only go to 100#. I love DB rows but that weight does me no good. So, the 200# double decker was a little much today... only got 3-4 reps... so instead I strapped two 75s together and did a 10 x 10 with 150#.

Just thought I'd throw this out there as an alternative to anyone with the same problem. When you're done, just cut them off and move on :)
I have a sign that hangs over the entrance to my office which states "Necessity is the Mother of invention" I like your creation! Have you asked if they'd purchase heavier dumbbells though? Who knows maybe you might catch em in a good mood???

Yeah for rows thats good, for presses you have to go duct tape, take it from me.
ROFL...

H

HammerHead

Apr 26, 2011
we have round DBs @ 24hourFitness... but I just cross them 90 degress... Looks like an X with your hand on the bottom DB, I'll take a pick if interested.