Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

1 rep mass. is it for real?

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
1 RepMass is a rest-pause tecnique disguised as something new. It clearly states that you do some warm up sets, depending on how many it takes to get your blood flowing. Then you do an 8-10 rep set to failure. Then you rest and do one more rep. That's the one rep in the title of the "scheme." And yes, it's a scheme.

Gixxer,oddly enough, is probably the closest to dead on as anyone here, except for RR in her specific case. Doing a little of everything, with a purpose, is best. Combining, even in the same week, or over the course of a couple of weeks, routines that include 2-3 rep sets, 5-6 rep sets, 8-10 rep sets, and even 12-20 rep sets (meaning to failure in each case), and with additional reps in a rest-pause fashion at least some of the time, will hit all the muscle fibers from all the different ways and you will grow and get stronger.

I've heard say "Every weightlifting scheme works, once."

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I'm with gixx on this, fuck around and mix shit up and find what works for you. I haven't stuck to a dedicated work plan for the past year I am always switching shit up every few weeks. Haven't stopped growing for a year now, and have managed to still get fairly lean while wolfing down 5k calories a day.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Funny if you read EACH of the posts they're all basically saying the same thing. Diversity and changing programs.
However, I do think when someone learns within parameters then its better to open those boundaries and playing with a sort-of free-for-all in training.
Don't we remember what it was like when we were noobs and didn't know many of these terms we're using? Its like a professional racer telling a guy who wants to drive a car that he likes the ferrari best for its suspension and and handling when at top speed, but the guy is just looking to learn how to drive. Wait til he learns how to drive before putting ideas about something advanced. Maybe I'm wrong here, but just my thoughts.

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
I'm with gixx on this, fuck around and mix shit up and find what works for you. I haven't stuck to a dedicated work plan for the past year I am always switching shit up every few weeks. Haven't stopped growing for a year now, and have managed to still get fairly lean while wolfing down 5k calories a day.

5k calories a day!!! dude, you're a beast!

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
1 RepMass is a rest-pause tecnique disguised as something new. It clearly states that you do some warm up sets, depending on how many it takes to get your blood flowing. Then you do an 8-10 rep set to failure. Then you rest and do one more rep. That's the one rep in the title of the "scheme." And yes, it's a scheme.

now this is what i was looking for. an explanation of the technique. thanks a lot guy.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks hawk. I guess it is a delayed, low-rep style. Do one, wait 10 seconds or so, then another. I was just curious about it.

I think it does work, but would be more effective done after failure. Say you did 5 reps and were spent, wait 10 seconds than do another. But I am still not sure it's the more effective than doing that rep in your second set? Pauses between reps allow ATP to recover which allow more power, but less PRO degradation and therefore less hypertrophy and why sets of 1-3 reps do not build killer mass.

Hawk

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i do singles all the time but towards the end of my sets...but for mass and power 3 to 5 reps has worked for me...if u want real mass.then eat likea fucking pig.......food = size.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
i do singles all the time but towards the end of my sets...but for mass and power 3 to 5 reps has worked for me...if u want real mass.then eat likea fucking pig.......food = size.

X 2 as almost any training system will work, but w/out eating it's crap.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic