Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

1 rep mass. is it for real?

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
Guys, I was wondering if any of you have heard of 1 rep mass. It appears to be some kind of delayed rep system. This French guy Fabrice Rinaldi pushes it. What do you guys know about it?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
A quick google search reinforces the idea, just from the name of the system, that it is BS- marketing my friend, marketing...

I should say that it probably offers nothing new to the trainee

Found nothing of substance, just a rest /pause video of standing presses.

I don't know anything about the system; but ...

Anyone else?

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
very well then guys. but has anyone actually done it? if anyone on here has done it, can i get your thoughts on it?

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I've used it for years. I cycle 3x3 into it every 4-6 weeks, taking a week off after every 2-4 months. I also cycle in 4x10 with lighter weights when needed to let ligaments and temdons heal. There's a ton of programs that work, esp Westside and other types of PL'ing programs that incorporate speed amd ME days. Take something from each of them and learn the reasons they use them. You'll make faster strides when you learn these things and to listen to your body when you need to train hard and when you want to back off.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Are you looking for a powerlifting program or bodybuilding program? This guy, Febreeze or whatever, is pushing a 1 rep bodybuilding routine......never heard of it. Powerlifters on the other hand use low rep schemes with great success however I haven't seen a one rep powerlifting program either. Sounds like bullshit to me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm missing some details on this thing but basic bodybuilding rules dictate that muscle hypertrophy does not occur at the 1 rep range. Sounds like another BS "product" to me. Especially since the site is devoid of any details of the program.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
As many of you know I shit all over training regimens. Why limit yourself to someone elses idea? Try everything, develop your own strategy, but don't walk in the gym thinking "OK, I'm going to only do 3 reps on everything today because I read an article and it worked for someone somewhere." People make lifting wayyyyyyyyy more complicated than it has to be. Lifting is such a small piece of the puzzle. They try this, that, and the other thing and nothing seems to "work." Hmm...go lock yourself in your pantry and eat.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Well, I have done various versions of cluster training which is variations of single reps with rest between each rep. I used 5-7 reps in this manner and noticed some good strength gains although I am not sure if they would be superior to traditional rep schemes. Atleast the 6 months I did it did not convince me of it's superiority.

Hawk

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Gixx as far as programs go I would generally agree with you.I started 5/3/1 because I was overtraining.I have been doing this long enough I know how to listen to my body.My mind wasnt letting me .When a competition would get close I would train to the max assuming a week was going to be enough to start fresh.It used to be .But as i am getting older I dont need to train as much I guess.The 5/3/1 is boring but it brings results.

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
Well, I have done various versions of cluster training which is variations of single reps with rest between each rep. I used 5-7 reps in this manner and noticed some good strength gains although I am not sure if they would be superior to traditional rep schemes. Atleast the 6 months I did it did not convince me of it's superiority.

Hawk

Thanks hawk. I guess it is a delayed, low-rep style. Do one, wait 10 seconds or so, then another. I was just curious about it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic