Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

1/4 squats. Why do people do it?

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I alternate between squatting with the smith machine and free wieght.i squat ass to the ground but I never go higher than 2 plates no more so to composite that I have reduced my rest time between sets.rep range between depends on the day but 15 is what I aim for.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
The power lifters in my gym do "Walkouts" , which is, to load up the bar with a weight that they can not squat and just pick it up and walk out then back and rack it... it has an effect on strength and growth in that your body freaks out with this giant weight....
Also, I had a freind that used to do partial rep squats at the end of his squat sessions and he also did full reps that werent full reps {that always annoyed me}.. anyway he did get his squats up quite well with his partial reps repertoire at the end.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You should never squat while facing a mirror. You'll never "feel" where depth is....proprioception. Wanna do something fun... take someone who always watches themself squat and take away that mirror and tell them to hit depth. They'll have no clue where it is.

And quarter squats are for quarter results.... You can perform walk outs but I prefer reverse band squats where you work the walk out, overload, and perform speed work. Most bang for buck imho.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
You should never squat while facing a mirror. You'll never "feel" where depth is....proprioception. Wanna do something fun... take someone who always watches themself squat and take away that mirror and tell them to hit depth. They'll have no clue where it is.

And quarter squats are for quarter results.... You can perform walk outs but I prefer reverse band squats where you work the walk out, overload, and perform speed work. Most bang for buck imho.

My "fitness club" has the squat rack facing the mirrored wall. I'm assuming so the curlers can watch themselves flex the guns. Luckily it's far enough away that I can avoid looking at it without putting my head and neck in a bad position.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My "fitness club" has the squat rack facing the mirrored wall. I'm assuming so the curlers can watch themselves flex the guns. Luckily it's far enough away that I can avoid looking at it without putting my head and neck in a bad position.

Our power room is mirrored so there's a mirror behind my cage but I just face away from that wall.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
1+ 1/4 squat and now we're talking

D

Dropitpj

Jul 12, 2015
i see this a lot mostly with ego lifters, its hard for me not to ATG squat these days. Hitting parallel only feels bizarre for me lol but maybe they do get a tad of stimulation...but 135lbs?... i dunno.

built1st

built1st

Aug 13, 2015
Saw a guy do 1/4 squats with 3 plates +. He walked around like he was the Messiah...

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I do them sometimes actually. Do 225 x5 reps for like 10 sets or so. It all depends on what you are doing that day. For me it helps w injury protection...

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Iv'e heard of 1/8 squat, Mr. Tom platz recommended, the 1/4? I can only say that maybe a useful tool for powelifters stuck in the upper portion of their lift?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic