Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Hip and ITB pain

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I just went through months of IT band pain but it was from the hip replacement surgeries. Don’t know what he did in there but he said it was normal and would slowly improve. I couldn’t do any real stretching. He wanted it to be completely healed before doing anything.

what was worse the Inguinal ligament seemed to snag on the new hip and pluck like a guitar string. That made me literally cry out in pain and crippled me few a few weeks.

I’m definitely going to add stretching to my days.
Definitely would recommend some foam rolling on the IT band as well as the quads and adductors. Hurts like hell at first but it'll help tremendously.

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
I have been battling a pain in my hip that involves the IT band. This has been going on for a good 6 months. Doesn't effect my lifting but I get out of a chair like the old man I am. Also right out of bed the ITB is tight as a girl on Prom Night. I got some relief with a chiropractor and his magnet table but it still hung around. I stretch every day and that hasn't helped much.

I'm not out of the woods yet but I think I may have found a cure. It seems when I sleep on that side, it wakes me up. The last 2 weeks I have slept with two big body pillow behind my knees and it has made a difference. It gets a little cranky during the day if I sit for long periods but I get out of bed with no pain now.

Hope this helps someone along the way if they are having the same issues.
That’s pretty cool! Obviously behind every bit of success there exist pain.
Quads, Foam Rolling & Adductors would be considered good but quite painful.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Can someone regrow me a lateral meniscus in my knee. That would be swell.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic