Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Anxiety/ Panic Attacks

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I've had a box of that on hand if things ever got to the point of "something has to be done." It doesn't affect your cardio or workouts? Plus, if you have asthma, you have to be careful with it (I do, but it's very mild nowadays). Emergency inhalers will not work if you are on Propranolol.
I don't have asthma so wouldn't know about it's interactions with that. As for my cardio, I can't say it's affecting it any either. I typically ride a road bike 20-30 miles on a weekend ride and do incline walks on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes 2-3 times a week without any abnormal exhaustion. I've been taking it for several years though and wasn't doing any cardio when I started so it's possible I could have better cardio sessions if I didn't take it..

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I just went through a 20 day panic attack
It sucks! I’m still
Tryin to figure it out also.

Is your blood pressure good? And what about insulin resistance? Something must be triggering it. Are you living rite and treating people good etc
This right here. I'm in the middle of one now on day 5. It sucks. I've had this once before few years back lasted several weeks.
Right now, it comes in waves and its brutal. Last few days i take .5 Ativan around 8am and then another .5 later in the day. I like the ativan better for 1 reason only. The effects last longer than Xanax but the Xanax hits you in like 5 minutes where the Ativan takes an hour to kick in. I try to live right and treat people good. But this panic anxiety will humble you real quick.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I have an issue with low iron. My body isnt absorbing iron like its supposed too.
When my iron levels are low I get anxity. I have to use ativan to sleep. I also use it during the day when it gets really bad.
.5 - 1mg works well for me. When Iet the iron infusion it gets much better.
Thats what i started doing. .5 in the AM than another .5 later in the day. The effects of Ativan last longer than the Xanax which is why i like it. But the Xanax hits much,much quicker.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I just went through a 20 day panic attack
It sucks! I’m still
Tryin to figure it out also.

Is your blood pressure good? And what about insulin resistance? Something must be triggering it. Are you living rite and treating people good
Did you take anything for it? Xanax etc.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I actually started having panic attacks back in high school days. Military Dr finally gave me Xanax which helped a lot. The problem was I took them every day and got addicted where if I didn’t have any in my system I would have a panic attack. Glad you’re looking for alternatives! Don’t get hooked of that shit! The only other thing that helped me were SSRIs. I liked Lexapro the best because it didn’t make me feel numb to the highs of life like Zoloft and Paxil did. It’s something to consider if nothing else helps. I like the Kava idea. I’m case you’re wondering I’m on Suboxone now for opiate addiction which is what the Xanax led to. For whatever reason it helps with my panic attacks but obviously not suggesting it for you. But maybe something that binds to opiate receptors could help. I’m thinking Kratom maybe? Anyone tried it for panic attacks? I’m thinking it could possibly help.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I actually started having panic attacks back in high school days. Military Dr finally gave me Xanax which helped a lot. The problem was I took them every day and got addicted where if I didn’t have any in my system I would have a panic attack. Glad you’re looking for alternatives! Don’t get hooked of that shit! The only other thing that helped me were SSRIs. I liked Lexapro the best because it didn’t make me feel numb to the highs of life like Zoloft and Paxil did. It’s something to consider if nothing else helps. I like the Kava idea. I’m case you’re wondering I’m on Suboxone now for opiate addiction which is what the Xanax led to. For whatever reason it helps with my panic attacks but obviously not suggesting it for you. But maybe something that binds to opiate receptors could help. I’m thinking Kratom maybe? Anyone tried it for panic attacks? I’m thinking it could possibly help.
I was diagnosed with panic disorder and Generalized anxiety disorder almost 20 years ago. I've been on Effexor and Buspirone HCL for just as long. Every few years my panic and anxiety go into high gear and i go through a few weeks of hell. I can usually figure out the cause that triggered it. This time funny you say kratom but i just weened myself off kratom after 5 years of daily use. The withdrawals sucked. I'm pretty sure that's what triggered all this. Yes, the kratom worked well, helped with anxiety and depression. Problem is it's also very addictive. My doc just upped my dose of Effexor and buspirone to help me. Those 2 meds work well together.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
It got to the point where i had to take kratom to do anything. It went from helping at the beginning to evil at the end.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I was diagnosed with panic disorder and Generalized anxiety disorder almost 20 years ago. I've been on Effexor and Buspirone HCL for just as long. Every few years my panic and anxiety go into high gear and i go through a few weeks of hell. I can usually figure out the cause that triggered it. This time funny you say kratom but i just weened myself off kratom after 5 years of daily use. The withdrawals sucked. I'm pretty sure that's what triggered all this. Yes, the kratom worked well, helped with anxiety and depression. Problem is it's also very addictive. My doc just upped my dose of Effexor and buspirone to help me. Those 2 meds work well together.
No way, that’s interesting. I remember using Buspar before. They look a lot like xanny bars don’t they? Well shit, good for you brother! Yeah, I’ve heard Kratom can be physically addicting too. Just have to ride it out. Panic attacks are no fun! And those that have never had one just don’t get it. Dealing with social anxiety or anxiety in general is one thing. When I tell people what a panic attack is like I tell them it feels like, when someone jumps out from around the corner and scares you. Except it happens for no dam reason and out of nowhere. It hits you just the same and if you’re lucky it goes away just as quickly. But sometimes it just doesn’t and u think you’re going to die really. I e been lucky cause lately it will hit me and then go away just as fast. But I remember when it used to be different and it sucks man! I’m sorry you are going thru that right now buddy!

Would probably be easier to deal with the Kratom withdrawal if you were retired and didn’t have to deal with work. Tell the wife! Lol.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
It got to the point where i had to take kratom to do anything. It went from helping at the beginning to evil at the end.
That’s how the benzos got me and then the oxy. Evil is exactly it!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
The truth is the Suboxone is the same thing only it’s legal and I don’t drain the bank account. But I’m scared to get off of it. Not just because of the withdrawals. I’ve been there done that. It’s that I will fall into something else. It’s been self medication the whole time. At least I can be a productive and contributing person in this world right now. The benzos lead to me doing cocaine and meth and ecstasy. No way I would have been doing all that with panic disorder! Benzos were my evil for sure. But the OxyContin just blew the money away. I’ll never be able to retire man. When u said that I was jealous man. But I won’t live with regret. I’m happy. I have a beautiful wife that loves me for me and 3 kids that don’t hate me…..anymore. I’ll be ok.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
No way, that’s interesting. I remember using Buspar before. They look a lot like xanny bars don’t they? Well shit, good for you brother! Yeah, I’ve heard Kratom can be physically addicting too. Just have to ride it out. Panic attacks are no fun! And those that have never had one just don’t get it. Dealing with social anxiety or anxiety in general is one thing. When I tell people what a panic attack is like I tell them it feels like, when someone jumps out from around the corner and scares you. Except it happens for no dam reason and out of nowhere. It hits you just the same and if you’re lucky it goes away just as quickly. But sometimes it just doesn’t and u think you’re going to die really. I e been lucky cause lately it will hit me and then go away just as fast. But I remember when it used to be different and it sucks man! I’m sorry you are going thru that right now buddy!

Would probably be easier to deal with the Kratom withdrawal if you were retired and didn’t have to deal with work. Tell the wife! Lol.
Yes, the Buspirone look exactly like xanny bars. Lol Funny, i do the same thing trying to explain a panic attack to someone. There terrifying at times.
Bro I'm 59 in 2 months. When i turn 62 I'm done with the fucking 130-degree attacks here in Tampa. No more HVAC..........I'm retiring. Lol

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
The truth is the Suboxone is the same thing only it’s legal and I don’t drain the bank account. But I’m scared to get off of it. Not just because of the withdrawals. I’ve been there done that. It’s that I will fall into something else. It’s been self medication the whole time. At least I can be a productive and contributing person in this world right now. The benzos lead to me doing cocaine and meth and ecstasy. No way I would have been doing all that with panic disorder! Benzos were my evil for sure. But the OxyContin just blew the money away. I’ll never be able to retire man. When u said that I was jealous man. But I won’t live with regret. I’m happy. I have a beautiful wife that loves me for me and 3 kids that don’t hate me…..anymore. I’ll be ok.
Fucked up thing is I have prescription Ativan and Xanax from my doctor, but I'm fucking scared to take them because Im scared to get hooked on them. So, all day long I suffer because I take the tiniest dose possible. Ill break a .50 Xanax into 2 to 3 pieces and ill take that. The Ativan I break in half and do the same. Sucks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic