Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Old shoulder rotator repair

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
So I found out yesterday that I will need the shoulder rebuilt. The long head bicep tendon is partially torn, the bursa is shredded and draining and the supraspinatus tendon is torn more than half way through. Surgeon says they will start with a scope but he's not sure he can get it that way so I should be ready for the long rehab of opening it up.....

Has anybody had this done and if so do you have any cheats on the aftermath. I've been told that I should buy a recliner, that sleeping is going to be the most difficult aspect of the rehab unless your upright with the arm immobilized ...

Anybody else have a tip or two?????

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
So I found out yesterday that I will need the shoulder rebuilt. The long head bicep tendon is partially torn, the bursa is shredded and draining and the supraspinatus tendon is torn more than half way through. Surgeon says they will start with a scope but he's not sure he can get it that way so I should be ready for the long rehab of opening it up.....

Has anybody had this done and if so do you have any cheats on the aftermath. I've been told that I should buy a recliner, that sleeping is going to be the most difficult aspect of the rehab unless your upright with the arm immobilized ...

Anybody else have a tip or two?????
Thoughts and prayers!

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Just curious I think I remember your posts on WCBB about a bad shoulder was it something recent that now requires surgery or just wear and tear? My left one is pretty bad I still pound it pretty hard but it's been messing with my bicep so I fear at some point I will need surgery as you describe. My brother had it ten years ago and it's no fun on the recovery but he functions really well with the repaired shoulder.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Have you tried rotator auxiliary exercises both laterally and vertically?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Sorry brother man, only thing I might suggest is TB500 and BPC157 and then do what you are told and do not screw it up, do what the doc tells you.
This will suck. BUT...it will pass and you will be better...stronger...faster...when it is over

you

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
First the knee now your shoulder...You do know that the bionic man was fictional, right? Just make sure they give you Lamborghini instead of Yugo parts.

Like Jipped said, follow doctors orders and your post op PT as well. I'm sure the Mrs will beat you butt if you don't.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Just curious I think I remember your posts on WCBB about a bad shoulder was it something recent that now requires surgery or just wear and tear? My left one is pretty bad I still pound it pretty hard but it's been messing with my bicep so I fear at some point I will need surgery as you describe. My brother had it ten years ago and it's no fun on the recovery but he functions really well with the repaired shoulder.
no, that's the left shoulder, that one arthritic and has the cracked socket with minor tears.... This one is the "good" shoulder, I was doing some work on the gutters of the house lost balance and fell, caught it on the ladder going down. at that time went in and they set me up with PT but three weeks in I fell at work and threw that arm down to beak the fall.... I was making progress with the PT until that point, after that it was so much worse... we stopped the PT, sent me for an MRI... and here we are...

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Have you tried rotator auxiliary exercises both laterally and vertically?
Yes, the PT office that did mt knee did this, same office that handles the Bucks players... I was making good progress with the movements before the second fall

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
First the knee now your shoulder...You do know that the bionic man was fictional, right? Just make sure they give you Lamborghini instead of Yugo parts.

Like Jipped said, follow doctors orders and your post op PT as well. I'm sure the Mrs will beat you butt if you don't.
But they say a life of physical activity is good for you...lol...

Your right about the wifey, she's steaming mad that I'm going to finish out the busy season before having it fixed...
her quote " fucking great, you go to work, and are the members gonna wipe your ass for you when you fuck this up, I'm not going to!!!" gotta love a woman with fire.... I run a private club so the Members are the people I feed...

You know Her too well Frigge

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I thought you said your shoulder was messed up!?

Mine.....scope isn't even a consideration. I'll compare my MRI to yours any day of the week! I've been told my options are 1: Total Shoulder Replacement, and 2: Total Shoulder Replacement.

Yes, long painful recovery. I am too scared to have the surgery, not so much because I'm scared of the pain, I'm scared of the downtime and the prospect of things not turning out as well as I would like. So far doing OK with lighter weights and different exercises. My pain tolerance is higher than most.

I don't know anyone who has had a total shoulder, but I know a number of people who have had total knees, and nobody had any nightmare stories about the total knee, and many said they wish they had done it sooner.

I recently did some PT on the shoulder.....it was helpful. Not life-changing, but helpful. I can DM you the things we did if you like.....everything can be done at home.

For now just dealing with the pain and trying to keep my body up.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
anybody know how to get an image off an MRI disk? I could throw that up

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic