Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Antidepressant

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I’ve tried a few of them in the past. Tbh I’m very happy to be off all of them. Zoloft and made it to where I couldn’t finish I’m the bedroom. I went to my doctor & told him & he switched me to Wellbutrin. I don’t remember what the issue was with that but I got off of it. Next was Buspar, it worked but it was a bit “strong” imo. I could actually “feel” that I was taking something. Out of the 3 Buspar was def the best one.

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
Antidepressants have fucked my life up. I wasn't strong enough to ride out what I was dealing with. They tried a handful of different things, all with pretty much bad results. Zoloft made me hornier than anything in the world and I got into a lot of trouble with it. I'm on nothing today but never like I was before I used the antidepressants. I would try to talk/ work it out first but that's just me. I had a really bad experience.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Taking meds is a slippery slope as your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I started taking Lexapro 20yrs. ago and it kept my anxiety at bay until a few yrs. ago. Now I have to up the dose or add in another anti-anxiety med. Lexapro and Buspar are for anxiety not depression. I think if your having issues you can't deal with and do take a brain med. you should try to come off 6mo. to a yr. and see how you feel. Sometimes the brain gets out of whack and all you need is something to get you back on track. Remember to titrate as stopping cold turkey is a bad idea for most brain meds.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
This has been a lot of really great feedback. I’ll have to re-read these posts and do some research and maybe reach out to someone.

I have a psychiatrist but I don’t feel I’m actually getting the needed attention or treatment.
I am no currently on any prescribed antidepressants.
I did start taking pregnenolone for various reasons but one of the supposed benefits is helping with mood.
I know getting out and doing something will help but when my mom passed a few months ago it just took the wind out of my sails.
I am willing to try meditation and see how it does. It sucks when you know something is wrong but you feel like there’s some. The brain is truly amazing. It’s literally all in my head!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic