Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Want to loose weight without muscle

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Lol ... I remember an earlier "Macro" thread here that had people up in arms for a while. By the time testboner's "Carnivore" thread came along, there were some converts and others who were at least interested and listening politely ... I doubt any hate is headed your way .........
Yeah, I'm not saying its for everyone. But it worked great for me and a few I know. Its also the easiest to stick with at least for me. It may not the the absolute best diet for "bodybuilding" but its def better for overall health IMO.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I'll likely catch much hate for this but I highly recommend checking into the carnivore diet. I lost 51 pounds in 5 months on it while eating over 2,000 calories per day more than I was eating. My son lost over 60 in the same time frame. Not really possible to lose muscle on this since you will only be eating protein and fat as long as you keep up your regular weight training. Carnivore + intermittent fasting when done correctly could easily have you at 200 even by the end of the year.
I am not against Carnivore or Keto diets for bodybuilding. They have their place. Like you mentioned, you can keep your calories relatively high, so the likelihood of losing muscle while losing bodyfat is relatively low risk. I think it is best for people that are 15% BF and higher. Those with lower bodyfats tend to end up f**king up their metabolism and come out as a wash at best when they are done. At least that is what I have observed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic