Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

NAC and FDA pressure for vendors to stop selling it.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
What are your thoughts on this, W6?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
It was removed from Bodybuilding.com as well. Perhaps pharma is looking to bring it back as a drug to treat a disease and is pushing the FDA to get it off the market so they can sell it for a huge profit. NAC has been used for decades as an anti-oxidant. Just concerned with the direction this is going with supplements, what's next? Creatine?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Nothing new, Amazon always overreacts to any FDA letters, warnings or advisories by taking products off their platform.

It's still available on ebay, and likely will be unless FDA takes a more aggressive stance. NAC is also still readily available on many retail websites that sell supps.

By end of July, there will be a LOT fewer supplements on Amazon due to Amazon's new requirements for all dietary supps.

Amazon is going to start requiring quantitative and qualitative CoA's on every single supp that is now or will be listed on their site.

Also not clear yet on whether this will be required for every new batch, but the way the policy is written, it looks like that might be the case, as they want batch numbers on the CoA's tp match with batch numbers of the inventory.

That is VERY expensive and will knock smaller companies out of listing on Amazon, and bigger companies might find it to be cost prohibitive as well, unless they run huge batches and sell a TON of that supp on Amazon. There are definitely many items like that.

Interestingly, Amazon does have their own ever increasing supplement line. I wonder if they'll have the same requirements for their stuff (lol, sarcasm). Great way to eliminate competition huh?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I always get mine from True Nutrition. I spoon it into my mouth and chase it with crystal light.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Once again, anytime a nutrition supplement actually works it is removed.

Can't wait to see which big pharma company has plans for it.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Saw a similar FDA vs. (otc)NAC alert last week on another board and hoarded some from Vitamin Shoppe at the time. Then saw a friendly FYI from a member about somewhat limited NAC shelf life possibly affecting the wisdom of my hoarding strategy, but I haven't researched that yet. Threw a coupla bottles in the freezer just in case, but I haven't researched the effects of freezing on NAC either yet :oops:

Takeaway might be if the FDA-BigPharma Complex wants to fuck us, it will, and it's just a matter of time and of which vendors we currently use. Might be an item for UGLs to list in the future .......

#MAKE*FREE-ENTERPRISE*GREAT*AGAIN

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It was removed from Bodybuilding.com as well. Perhaps pharma is looking to bring it back as a drug to treat a disease and is pushing the FDA to get it off the market so they can sell it for a huge profit. NAC has been used for decades as an anti-oxidant. Just concerned with the direction this is going with supplements, what's next? Creatine?

U can bet your bottom dollar on it!!!!.....Life as we know it, is surely on it's way OUT!!!....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic