Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How I started my TRT Journey

I

Infraggable Krunk

Apr 25, 2021
Hey everyone, first time posting. I just wanted to give my story about how I got started on my TRT journey and hopefully help anyone who is looking to start theirs. Im a 30 y.o. male who was born with terrible gentics. I originally went to my PCP for chronic headaches, fatigue, and brain fog. I was referred to his physicians assistant and she took a whole panel of blood work including Testosterone. Everything came back normal except for my Test levels which were total test 215 and free test was 12. I had no idea about TRT at that time. She started me at 100 mg of Test Cyp every 3 weeks. Once I started feeling the effects of the Test, I felt like my quality of life increased dramatically. I didn't have any more brain fog, I had so much more energy, and no more head aches. But, after a couple of days the quality of life went back down and I would have to wait another 2.5 weeks for my next injection. I asked if I could change the frequency or dosage but she refused and said I had to wait until after my 3 month blood check. After 3 months and not much of an improvement on Test levels ( Total T 345 and Free T 15) she refused to change my perscription. I felt that was unacceptable and talked to the actually Doctor and thats when he I realized I should have gone to him first. He understood more of what was going on and changed my dosage to 200 mg Test C every 10 days. Blood work came back to TT 785 and FT 25.6 after 7 days. I honestly can't remeber a time in my life where I feel this great. TRT has changed my life dramatically. I have been able to go to the gym 6 days a week and actually see results. I have so much more energy than I had when I was in my early 20s and my libido is off the charts. I originally went to my PCP for erictile dysfunction when I was 26 and had symptoms when I was 24. I have the opposite problem now lol. I feel like everybody should get there Test levels checked, old or young, because it has drastically improved the quality of my life.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Sounds like things are going well. 100mg of Test Cyp every 3 weeks is crazy low, why even bother. And with a 12 day half-life that's arguably incompetence.

I've been on TRT for about 10 years and it was a noticeable improvement to my life within a week, so much so that my wife at the time said noticed my energy improvement and stated she wished she could do the same.

I

Infraggable Krunk

Apr 25, 2021
Yeah, it felt like a tease. I would feel the best I've ever felt in the past 10-15 years for about a week and then go back to feeling like a zombie for 2 weeks. I never knew what normal felt like until TRT. About 9 months ago, normal for me was brain fog, low energy, feeling fatigued, weak every day for years. Now I feel like a whole different person.

I'm glad to hear that you saw an improvement right away. I feel like everybody should get their blood checked just to see were their levels are. What type of therapy are you on?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I'm prescribed 300mg Test Cyp every two weeks, but I take 150mg weekly for TRT. When I first started he had my on Androgel, but I asked for the oil because of cost.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I just went in on for my physical and scored a total testosterone score of 236. Doc is going to have me come in again and do another blood test in the morning. As he explained your test levels are higher then. I have the fatigue and fogginess as previously mentioned. Oddly enough, he was more focused on any ED issues or desire. Both of which I have yet to have issues with. My doc is a bit old school and is retiring soon at the ripe age of 69. So, I'm fairly certain, TRT is a bit of a new subject for him.

I had discussed with him issues with fatigue and sleeplessness. He kind of dismissed the low T as a culprit, but we did a full physical and blood work up. Even tested Vitamin D and B12. All were within normal levels. I think he was even surprised when the test level came back low. My insurance won't be an issue with TRT. I'm on the fence about going the TRT route, because it's something you basically have to be on the rest of your life if I am not misinformed. But I also hate being tired and not having energy.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You shouldn't ever be as low as 236 any part of the day and he should check twice just to make sure, but he should be supplementing you.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
You shouldn't ever be as low as 236 any part of the day and he should check twice just to make sure, but he should be supplementing you.

Agreed. I'm worried it will be perpetuated or delayed as I can see him referring me to an endochrinologist. If he messes around too long, I might be better off just transferring my care to another provider (as he is retiring in November). I just talked to a buddy of mine. He had one low total and is already started with testosterone, but has follow up labs next week.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Here's another question for those who have done TRT. I know my score is pretty low. IF I do go on TRT, is there any chance to do it for a while and then cycle off? From what I hear TRT is basically for life. Why I ask, is a co-worker of mine was basically on TRT for about 3 years, but was able to get off of it and his overall test scores eventually came back. I'm assuming it may be more of an individual thing where he may have had other health issues that potentially affected his test levels?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
We did a second round of testing for my test levels with total test being 352 and my free test being 66. Both are on the lower end of normal. My doc is pretty old school so he is ok with the results. I also am going in for a sleep study because my fatigue hits me hard late afternoons and evenings. Nothing like I have ever dealt with before. I'm sure that will help.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic