Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fernando Tatis Jr.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Wonder what Padre nation is thinking now that Tatis Jr. is potentially on the shelf for 6 months with a shoulder separation. He just signed a 14 year $340 million contract. This seems to be a trend for teams to lock players up in order to keep them. But a team is one horrible injury away from eating a lot of money. I believe the money is guaranteed per the CBA.

While in the long run, it's potentially smart so you don't have to fight free agency and having bidding wars with other teams for your star player. But damn, one serious injury or career threatening injury, your team is not only out a marquee player but out a lot money. Harper, Arenado, Betts, Rendon, Lindor are some of the other baseball players locked up for a long time.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Forget the money side of it; it breaks my heart to see any athlete get injured at any level of sports.

Baseball is a little different because of the length of the season and how other players can step up. In the end, a World Series trip is for the teams with the healthiest players at the right time.

My Phillies are 4-0! lol

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Forget the money side of it; it breaks my heart to see any athlete get injured at any level of sports.

Baseball is a little different because of the length of the season and how other players can step up. In the end, a World Series trip is for the teams with the healthiest players at the right time.

My Phillies are 4-0! lol

BaseBall was my fav (played football and baseball)......I get bored watching bb (unless there is A LOT of action, such as hr's continuously *LOL*) as opposed to fb but always ENJOYED PLAYING bb better than fb...

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
Love my MLB. It used to be mostly the AL East teams offering these long-term, big-money deals and usually getting screwed on the back end. it's definitely becoming more of a league-wide thing now. 10 years used to be almost unheard of outside of NY. Now you're getting 12, 13, 14 years of guaranteed $$$$. Like it was previously stated, risky as hell.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Reds fan here. I have MLB.com and the good thing is that I can watch a game after its played and hit the forward button between pitches and actually watch one pitch after another. I watch the whole game in about 40 minutes. Cost is about $99 a year.

Trying to watch a game live on TV is unbearable.

I think I heard that Tatis wasn't that bad after all, but I didn't catch the whole story.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic