Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What the heck did I injure?

DocQ

DocQ

Sep 21, 2020
Yesterday's workout bi's and tris: Seated incline bench dumb bell curls, skull crushers, standing barbell curls (heavier than normal on this one), reverse grip single handle cable pull down (alternating tri's), single handle cable curl, tricep cable push down (probably not the correct term), standing hammer curls, cable rope pull downs. Felt fine after the gym. Got home, ate - felt great. Got in the shower and reached above my head for the shampoo bottle and HO LEE FUCK!!! Severe stinging almost like a ripping pain in my right armpit. Now its hard to full extend my right arm and can't raise my arm above my head with being at about a 9 pain level. No bruising, no swelling.
Anyone have any idea what I hurt? And why in my armpit wtf.
Thanks all

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Well hell dude, have no idea. That's why they have these people call Doctor's lol. No, seriously, if it is that serious go get it checked out with an Orthopedic doctor, perhaps one that specializes in athletes.
At this point, it will just be speculation about what it "could" be.

Good luck and hope it gets better.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Serratus anterior strain/pain is common with overuse and overhead moments. You feel it in the armpit when you elevate your scapula or bring your elbow near your ear.

Im not a PT or a doctor but as a coach and nurse I’d recommend:

1st Reduce the volume of isolation exercises for your arms.

2nd Work on strengthening accessory muscles through compound movements for a while. OHP, Incline Presses, Rows and Strict Pulldowns.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Arms work while training shoulders, chest and back. Going over board is asking for problems.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic