Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How Long Would It Take...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
How about instead of fake news, we rely on first hand accounts? Here is what our own Mike_RN says about Covid-19 in the hospital he works in, from a post this past Wednesday, April 30, 2020:

So NJ is in deep shit. I haven't been posting simply because I have nothing left in the tank after a shift. The symptoms are now everything from "stroke like" to diarrhea, to fainting spells and runaway blood sugars. Essentially everything that walks thru the doors besides obvious trauma is being treated as positive.

Much like NYC we are now rationing everything especially gowns. Their are state laws in place for VRE and MRSA patients that we MUST be gowned to care for them. Suddenly Monday we are being told the new policy is that we are NOT to use gowns for MRSA/VRE anymore. The masks we are given (donated by FEMA) are like tissue paper and the ear loops break the first time you talk in one. We are now officially "allowed" to wear PPE from home and nobody from administration is even setting foot in the Emergency Dept or ICUs anymore. Most of us in the ED have been in our own PPE for weeks now but at least we can't be disciplined for it anymore. Again I gotta thank @NavyChief for his donation. I was able to give 4 coworkers a half face respirator and filters thanks to him and my buddy here at home.

I had trouble believing @2ez when he first talked about how bad NY was, I feel bad for doubting because it's here on my doorstep. I salute you bro.

We are pronouncing death after 2 rounds of EPI and CPR. That is less than 10mins of attempt. Check a rhythm give EPI (1min or less),2mins of CPR, rhythm check (10secs),2mins CPR, rhythm check...time of death pronouncement. We are essentially NOT working codes. If you are from a nursing home and come in as an "arrest", you are dead (this is against everything medicine stands for). Everyone I work with is either overwhelmed or numb.

Yes there are still empty beds in our ICUs simply because we are not wasting resources on the dying anymore.

Yes our testing centers are not being utilized. That's because we are seeing FALSE Negatives in the 40% range.

The current RAPID diagnostic tools are basically useless. If you are negative with high suspicion we are sending the 24-48hr tests and they are coming back positive. The federal gov't is lying about availability. We get 20 RAPID swabs a day in our ED...a slow day is 60-80 patients.

If you've ever been at a kill shelter and felt/heard the the dogs who are not going to be adopted...that is what it feels like at work.
I'm a pretty stable person despite seeing many bad things, on the streets, at war and in the ER. I have a brilliant wife who centers me and we are together in all of this. Despite this, I am using THC and drinking nightly for the past 2wks. I can only facetime my kid but at least I am healthy and my wife is doing fine. The single people, especially the new nurses and residents are falling apart. I can't imagine the families with only one Healthcare provider in them. If your husband or wife was doing this everyday how could they even explain what they are seeing?

Outside the police and fireman are parading by our hospitals "saluting the heroes" The fucking Blue Angels did a flyby Monday (what a waste of taxpayer dollars). McDonalds still sends breakfast everyday and my neighbors complain about boredom. Inside we are hurting bad not because "we're all gonna die" but simply because everyone outside of NY/NJ is living a different reality. My fellow vets will intimately understand what I mean. Everything you experienced/are experiencing is nothing but a news story (or worse an exaggeration) to everyone outside of it.

What's your feeling on them labeling deaths erroneously to COVID?...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I read Mike's post when it was new and just had my memory jogged by woodswise quoting it.

2ez is our other TID hospital worker. His profile says he hasn't been here since April 22 ... hope he's alright.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
IMO from what I know about Virus' it would not go away. The virus' are much smarter than we are and can lay dormant for many years in fact they recently found Chlamydia ( I know this is a bacteria and not a virus) below the Arctic ocean. From all I have read of pathogens over the years is they don't go away we just don't hear from them again (in most cases) Measles, Black Plague, and Scarlet fever are three pathogens we thought we beat years ago and they are now showing up in different places in the world including the USA.

I don't think any amount of "staying home" is going to beat our current fight. The only reason to stay home is to SLOW the virus down so the hospitals don't get overrun all at once. I personally don't us beating this current Virus so we have to outlast it and using Anti-Virals to keep it from making people As Sick so they can live to see another day.

I am not an expert this is simply my opinion based on 18+ years of studying pathogens and how they work and spread. I'm an info junky and love to read medical journals and when something comes along like our current trouble I spend most of my non-working and non-sleeping hours reading as much as I can to be well informed.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
How about instead of fake news, we rely on first hand accounts? Here is what our own Mike_RN says about Covid-19 in the hospital he works in, from a post this past Wednesday, April 30, 2020:

So NJ is in deep shit. I haven't been posting simply because I have nothing left in the tank after a shift. The symptoms are now everything from "stroke like" to diarrhea, to fainting spells and runaway blood sugars. Essentially everything that walks thru the doors besides obvious trauma is being treated as positive.

Much like NYC we are now rationing everything especially gowns. Their are state laws in place for VRE and MRSA patients that we MUST be gowned to care for them. Suddenly Monday we are being told the new policy is that we are NOT to use gowns for MRSA/VRE anymore. The masks we are given (donated by FEMA) are like tissue paper and the ear loops break the first time you talk in one. We are now officially "allowed" to wear PPE from home and nobody from administration is even setting foot in the Emergency Dept or ICUs anymore. Most of us in the ED have been in our own PPE for weeks now but at least we can't be disciplined for it anymore. Again I gotta thank @NavyChief for his donation. I was able to give 4 coworkers a half face respirator and filters thanks to him and my buddy here at home.

I had trouble believing @2ez when he first talked about how bad NY was, I feel bad for doubting because it's here on my doorstep. I salute you bro.

We are pronouncing death after 2 rounds of EPI and CPR. That is less than 10mins of attempt. Check a rhythm give EPI (1min or less),2mins of CPR, rhythm check (10secs),2mins CPR, rhythm check...time of death pronouncement. We are essentially NOT working codes. If you are from a nursing home and come in as an "arrest", you are dead (this is against everything medicine stands for). Everyone I work with is either overwhelmed or numb.

Yes there are still empty beds in our ICUs simply because we are not wasting resources on the dying anymore.

Yes our testing centers are not being utilized. That's because we are seeing FALSE Negatives in the 40% range.

The current RAPID diagnostic tools are basically useless. If you are negative with high suspicion we are sending the 24-48hr tests and they are coming back positive. The federal gov't is lying about availability. We get 20 RAPID swabs a day in our ED...a slow day is 60-80 patients.

If you've ever been at a kill shelter and felt/heard the the dogs who are not going to be adopted...that is what it feels like at work.
I'm a pretty stable person despite seeing many bad things, on the streets, at war and in the ER. I have a brilliant wife who centers me and we are together in all of this. Despite this, I am using THC and drinking nightly for the past 2wks. I can only facetime my kid but at least I am healthy and my wife is doing fine. The single people, especially the new nurses and residents are falling apart. I can't imagine the families with only one Healthcare provider in them. If your husband or wife was doing this everyday how could they even explain what they are seeing?

Outside the police and fireman are parading by our hospitals "saluting the heroes" The fucking Blue Angels did a flyby Monday (what a waste of taxpayer dollars). McDonalds still sends breakfast everyday and my neighbors complain about boredom. Inside we are hurting bad not because "we're all gonna die" but simply because everyone outside of NY/NJ is living a different reality. My fellow vets will intimately understand what I mean. Everything you experienced/are experiencing is nothing but a news story (or worse an exaggeration) to everyone outside of it.

I mimic everything here.....just to add

- we have used epi x 3 in some cases. twice I begged the MD to try one more time. sucks to lose a patient. some MDs are scared/hesitatant to come into the patient's room. giving direction at the door while we are doing chest compressions and checking for pulse, giving Epi. I am not a critical care RN, however, I have given Epi because there can be many codes going simultaneously. Under normal conditions this could jeopardize my license. Not all deaths are the result of Covid 19. Mistakes have been made. Fuck it...I said it....Mistakes have been made. Traumatic Intubation is what one MD said. Critical care RNs crying because they knew and screamed to the MD to come into the room to check Tube placement, but the MD said No....not until he has a surgical gown that provides more coverage that what we use on the floor. every chess compression increases the risk for exposure. but this is what they say Nurses sign up for.

- Blood clots / DVT., many patients are getting DVT / blood clots.....lungs, lower legs.

- we are testing people 2,3, 4x. some negative with symptoms, some positive with none.

- many coworkers have resigned or took early retirement.

- still no cure nor formal treatment, only thing proven to help is social distance and lockdown. with this in mind, I do not see how not...a second wave occur.

- we are without simple things...probes for thermometer. wipes to clean equipment after use. lotion. pads to protect out skin because of the face mask. Oxygen....oxygen truck brought in to provide more....etc

Mike RN....can i ask which strain are you using with the THC/CBD ? PTSD counseling has been full force for about 2wks now. the CEO and other executives are doing commercials and out front and center when we have parades. yet these same cats are not with us on the floor. they have changed are gowns that do not fit 1/3 of the staff and my kitchen garbage bag are thicker. My hospital has been granted close to $200mil from the Covid 19 Care funds...and we all cram to understand where is this money going ...because we do not see it. Food is brought in from outside. most supplies are now being donated. they did convert the employee cafeteria to a nursing floor that has a 80 patient capacity. they are checking temperatures of everyone entering the hospital with some machine that works with scanning our eyes. Travel RNs have about another week or 2 left of their contracts and then they leave. they are being pain $100/hr min...as high as $200/hr. Hilton has provided their accommodation and they still get a food allowance. they have four.....12hr shifts per week...when we get three....12 hr shifts per week. so between the executives and travelers.....the home team nurses do not feel appreciated. they call us heroes.....and front liners....where is the appreciation. like you said...many have not seen their families in 3 months easy.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

- we have used epi x 3 in some cases. twice I begged the MD to try one more time. sucks to lose a patient. some MDs are scared/hesitatant to come into the patient's room. giving direction at the door while we are doing chest compressions and checking for pulse, giving Epi. I am not a critical care RN, however, I have given Epi because there can be many codes going simultaneously. Under normal conditions this could jeopardize my license. Not all deaths are the result of Covid 19. Mistakes have been made. Fuck it...I said it....Mistakes have been made. Traumatic Intubation is what one MD said. Critical care RNs crying because they knew and screamed to the MD to come into the room to check Tube placement, but the MD said No....not until he has a surgical gown that provides more coverage that what we use on the floor. every chess compression increases the risk for exposure. but this is what they say Nurses sign up for.

- Blood clots / DVT., many patients are getting DVT / blood clots.....lungs, lower legs.

- we are testing people 2,3, 4x. some negative with symptoms, some positive with none.

- still no cure nor formal treatment, only thing proven to help is social distance and lockdown. with this in mind, I do not see how not...a second wave occur.

- we are without simple things...probes for thermometer. wipes to clean equipment after use. lotion. pads to protect out skin because of the face mask. Oxygen....oxygen truck brought in to provide more....etc

Mike RN....can i ask which strain are you using with the THC/CBD ? PTSD counseling has been full force for about 2wks now. the CEO and other executives are doing commercials and out front and center when we have parades. yet these same cats are not with us on the floor. they have changed are gowns that do not fit 1/3 of the staff and my kitchen garbage bag are thicker. My hospital has been granted close to $200mil from the Covid 19 Care funds...and we all cram to understand where is this money going ...because we do not see it. Food is brought in from outside. most supplies are now being donated. they did convert the employee cafeteria to a nursing floor that has a 80 patient capacity. they are checking temperatures of everyone entering the hospital with some machine that works with scanning our eyes. Travel RNs have about another week or 2 left of their contracts and then they leave. they are being pain $100/hr min...as high as $200/hr. Hilton has provided their accommodation and they still get a food allowance. they have four.....12hr shifts per week...when we get three....12 hr shifts per week. so between the executives and travelers.....the home team nurses do not feel appreciated. they call us heroes.....and front liners....where is the appreciation. like you said...many have not seen their families in 3 months easy.

How about u post more than every so often??????...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
About you show some common sense, courtesy and compassion?

U forgot the participle "how", in front of about...Or is it some other grammer rule?..;).I stand corrected on human emotion tho...Thank you for your dicipline!...I love u forever!!!!!....As long as u're not into population control....:)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
If youre going to get nitpicky its "grammar" and "discipline"

But since this is a weightlifting/bodybuilding forum, who cares...

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Thanks Bro for posting. Damn you're in a once in a lifetime disaster and you have taken the time to give us the benefit of your first hand experience. That's real generous of you and I am grateful for it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic