MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Concord, N.C. Man Pleads Guilty To Unlawful Distribution Of Anabolic Steroids
Lisa McElhaney / / February 27, 2020 / Press Releases
DOJ News –

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – U.S. Attorney Andrew Murray announced that Daniel John Hodges, 25, of Concord, N.C. appeared in federal court today before U.S. Magistrate Judge David C. Keesler, and pleaded guilty to unlawful distribution of anabolic steroids.

Robert J. Murphy, Special Agent in Charge of the Atlanta Field Division of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), which oversees the Charlotte Office, joins U.S. Attorney Murray in making today’s announcement.

According to plea documents filed in the case and today’s plea hearing, from about September 2018 to September 2019, Hodges did knowingly possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids, including Testosterone Enanthane, Dianabol, Anavar, and Winstrol. Hodges further admitted to possessing between 20,000 and 40,000 units of anabolic steroids, and maintaining a premises for the the purpose of manufacturing or distributing a controlled substance. Over the course of the investigation, law enforcement also seized an electronic and a manual pill press/tableting machine that belonged to Hodges, often used to manufacture consumable steroid products. According to statements made in court during the plea hearing, Hodges obtained the substances unlawfully from a source of supply in China, and used, among other things, social media to advertise to and conduct transactions with customers.

Following the plea hearing, Hodges was released on bond. The charge of possession with intent to distribute an anabolic steroid carries a maximum prison term of ten years and a $500,000 fine. A sentencing date has not been set.

In making today’s announcement, U.S. Attorney Murray thanked the DEA, the Cabarrus County Sherriff’s Office, and the Cabarrus County District Attorney’s Office for their investigation and coordination of this case.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark T. Odulio, of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Charlotte, is handling the prosecution.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I am thinking LE will explain the art of the deal to this kid between now and the eventual sentencing date.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I am thinking LE will explain the art of the deal to this kid between now and the eventual sentencing date.

I was told years ago by a busted bro that LE had their hands in the pot early on....He was popped in the mid 80's...He was able to buy his way out tho...However, if he is correct, which I believe he is, then LE has a lock on this deal by now?....:eek:o_O

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was told years ago by a busted bro that LE had their hands in the pot early on....He was popped in the mid 80's...He was able to buy his way out tho...However, if he is correct, which I believe he is, then LE has a lock on this deal by now?....:eek:o_O

Steroids were not controlled substances in the mid 80's bro

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015
Says he used social media to advertise. I wonder how? I know a few months back I got a friend request from some dumbass on Facebook and when I looked at his page all he had was pics of gear for sale lol. Obviously I didn’t accept his friend request. And idk who he was. But how dumb can you be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Steroids were not controlled substances in the mid 80's bro

I don't know why some of u think I out-right make up things...LG glad to see u posting...He most certainly did get popped, in the 80's...He was going to Mexico to getem by the truck loads, *LOL*...He was basically suppling our whole entire town with them (people who used, including bodybuilders and athletes)….I know I'm getting old, but I still can remember significant events like this one...

"By the 1980s the use of anabolic steroids in sports was beginning to be made well-known and the media onslaught took hold and Congress began to take notice. In 1988 a portion of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act 21 USC 333(e) came into play officially making the distribution of anabolic steroids a felony offense but use and possession remained legal."

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I'm I being targeted because of my debate with SAD?...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Brother, never implied or meant to imply you making anything up, I was just recalling sadly the time that they made them illegal to posess or use, I did not have the backstory on importing or distribution.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Brother, never implied or meant to imply you making anything up, I was just recalling sadly the time that they made them illegal to posess or use, I did not have the backstory on importing or distribution.

No problem, my bro!...I'm not saying I won't make a mistake, but just coming up with stories isn't my forte....Just for FYI, when it happened, everyone was shocked, to say the least...Most didn't even know congress had passed that insanity!...

However, in that overall post, really, my MAJOR point of concern was the fact that LE at that POINT had come on the scene!...That means, they (LE) has to have a LOCK (old gambling term) on it today!...See what I mean?...

Anyway, I figured u had let that part slip...Most did, even when it happened!...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm I being targeted because of my debate with SAD?...

We didn’t have a debate, and nobody is targeting you.

Debate takes two people willingly engaging in a battle of wits, meaning both of us would need to be willing, and both of us would need to have wits.

You target yourself with your desperate, attention seeking posts. Nobody has time to debate with you or target you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic