Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Jared’s gym journey

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Keep up the good work,don't get hurt. Starting over after an injury sucks

No it only be a couple days for the next two weeks. I don’t like going full weeks when I have to work. And my shoulder isn’t 100% it’s much better last night it was almost no pain whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
So my goal now is to work on my mental block. 405lbs was done but it was added up with smaller plates. As soon as you throw four full plates it’s like a freakin brick wall. I hate it and it’s probably why it just felt blah Monday . So I guess working on 405 and making it an everyday lift for deadlifts. And work on my 230lbs bench to make it an everyday weight. I really struggle with 230lbs but I can almost get couple good reps in with the 225lbs doing singles is pointless but I can get more more in with 225 if I was to reset . My squats I want 340lbs from my current 325lbs . The owner of the gym suggested going to 430lbs with deadlifts then after 430 go for the full 4 plates . Oh I will brake this mental block sometime. I did with my 300lbs squats.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
So I just realized that in a competition my three max lifts squats 320lbs , bench 230lbs, 405lbs is a 955lbs grand total . At the body weight of 175lbs would be 297.20 Wilks points . And I don’t think that’s bad for only being 5 months back .
Let’s make it a grand total of 1000lbs .

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Deadlifts are getting crazy today I did go for two sets of 10 with 315lbs but fell short of 3 reps . Then my training buddy told me enough for today . Then I did some cable rows and lat pull downs. Tomorrow will be bench 2 sets of 10 with 165lbs and some biceps,triceps and shoulders. Nothing overly heavy yet for the shoulders.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
So the gym recently reopened a couple weeks ago and I have slowly getting back to it . Since it’s been 3 months away I figured I’d start off slowly with 4x4 slowly getting to 4x10 for all three lift squats ,deadlifts ( haven’t done them yet ) and bench .today I got my 22 reps in with 165lb for the bench press.but I didn’t get my 6 straight on set 4 for some strange reason without really thinking I racked it on the forth rep . . So I will re visit that next week. For warm ups I did standing pec flies,and lateral raises, set of 10 with the empty bar, set of 4 with 95lbs, 4 reps 135lbs, a rep with 150lbs. Followed up with seated cable flies with 80lbs 3 sets of 10 and cable rows with 8 for three sets of 10. Last Friday I finally manned up and did squats 4x4 with 225lbs and ass to the ground. No really my bar hit the safety bars I was that low . Friday will be 4x5 and some accessory work. All I can say was after my first squat in three and a half months I knew I would be sore the next day! And man three days after I’m still struggling to walk up the stairs and putting my Sox on . But you gotta start somewhere . How is everyone doing with there training

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic