Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Couple Questions About Supplements....

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Any of you guys use apple cider vinegar? I had used it before for dieting. Found a recipe of 2 tbsp of ACV, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1 tsp of honey. Mix with water and drink. First, it aint the best tasting, but I am able to get it down. I found some weight loss with it, but also noted bloating seemed to be less. Anyone else have any results or feedback?

Also, tumeric....I have been using it in my coffee. Used to put it directly in. Very bitter. Although, i did find some creamer that is infused with tumeric. Much better. I have been utilizing it for about 2 months. I think it is working. My knees seem to feel better, but honestly I don't know if its more a placebo effect or it is actually good for inflammation. Any thoughts and feedback would be welcomed.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
It's bad on the teeth if ingested. Good in baths when feverish or sick. Tumeric is great I hear. Have you tried putting 1 tbl spoon flaxseed oil (Omegas 3, 6, & 9) and 1 tea spoon of unsalted Irish butter in your coffee? #BrainFood keeps you sharp at the start of the day.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I don't use it.

EXAMINE just had a pretty good write-up on it though.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
It's bad on the teeth if ingested. Good in baths when feverish or sick. Tumeric is great I hear. Have you tried putting 1 tbl spoon flaxseed oil (Omegas 3, 6, & 9) and 1 tea spoon of unsalted Irish butter in your coffee? #BrainFood keeps you sharp at the start of the day.

Yes, tumeric stains that damn orange tint.....I will look into unsalted Irish butter and flaxseed. Is that similar to keto's Bulletproof coffee?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Instead of raw tumeric, try Bio Circumin. It’s refined for bioavailability and has no staining or odor. It works quite well for joint pain and inflammation.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Instead of raw tumeric, try Bio Circumin. It’s refined for bioavailability and has no staining or odor. It works quite well for joint pain and inflammation.

I actually take a version in cap form from Life Extension. So far I'm a believer. I had the powder form of some Ginseng (Indian), MACA, and tumeric. Honestly, it don't mix well with my Black Rifle Coffee. Lol. For some reason, I have tried to mix things with coffee with very little success. I remember trying to mix my protein and coffee....it didn't go real well.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I think Phoenix meant Apple Cider Vinegar is bad on teeth because it is acid. Be sure to rinse your mouth with water after drinking it.

I have read that tumeric with black pepper is best. Apparently the pepper helps its bioavailability.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes, tumeric stains that damn orange tint.....I will look into unsalted Irish butter and flaxseed. Is that similar to keto's Bulletproof coffee?
I've heard it's keto based, so I guess so, I meant to say, "hay queso". LOL

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Are you going to juice the turmeric? Or eat it?

I would say juicing it would be best. Could always juice some ginger with it.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010

Yeah ginger might stave off nausea from drinking raw turmeric yuck lol

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011

Honestly, I brew my coffee, and just put it in there. A little creamer to go with. It’s obviously bitter and the taste isn’t the best but I’ve acclimated and deal with it. I have a friend that uses tumeric and he does Keto and I think he does their bulletproof coffee mix but he suggested a powdered creamer infused with Tumeric. I think the company is Laird Superfoods?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Honestly, I brew my coffee, and just put it in there. A little creamer to go with. It’s obviously bitter and the taste isn’t the best but I’ve acclimated and deal with it. I have a friend that uses tumeric and he does Keto and I think he does their bulletproof coffee mix but he suggested a powdered creamer infused with Tumeric. I think the company is Laird Superfoods?

Haha I think the taste would have to be so gross. But personally I’ve gotten a juice mixture with that in there and it’s good.
Are you keeping a log to see if this helps you at all?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic