Kiddorism
What's New?

Couple squat vids....525 & 605

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Is that an A7 shirt?

Yep. Not bad. I got a tank top too for the summer.

Nice work Flex. What was your last comp squat, 600?

620. Can't believe that was almost 2 years ago. Need to register for a comp soon.

That kind of weight always feels like a ton but truthfully, it looked like an opener. Ballpark here but I bet you'd have a good shot at 3 with 600. That would put you at about a 660 single. 640 would be a given. Your thoughts?

LMAO. Wasn't as easy as it looked. Though my head was gonna explode. Did you notice the gushing nosebleed?

Damn flex....you do make that look easy. So controlled. The right way to do it lol.
BTW.....you don't look 52. Great job man.

Thanks. ;)

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
LMAO. Wasn't as easy as it looked. Though my head was gonna explode. Did you notice the gushing nosebleed?

No I didn't notice you blew a gasket util I looked again. I'll put the bleed aside for now but you have to trust me, 640 all day long.

Why did ya think I posted, "That kinda weight always feels like a ton?" I've been there and there were sometimes I knew if I could get it out of the rack and get set up, I'd have a shot. It's been a long time but I can still recall the crushing feeling. I'm not blowing smoke up your ass; if I don't think you could hammer 640, Id say so. I'm not advising you try it because I'm not a big fan of singles but you got it in you.

Your descent is so deliberate and controlled. Your depth is way below parallel and would fly in any PL fed, 3 whites any place, any time. You overlay the 525 and the 605 and your form does not differ. (Well short of that pause thing you did not a fan of that stuff). If you could trim out the weights in the video and show anyone that has done even one meet the two videos, and ask them what one had more weight and how much, no one would come close.

There's more to going from 605 to 640 than 35lbs but there's no way on Gods green earth you don't have that in you.

Reactions: 5.0
S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
About 100 yrs ago I was competing in power meets and about 3 wks out I wanted to attempt my goal squat for the meet which was 600. I did 550 for 3 easy and it felt heavy but not like the 600 did. I remember when I unracked the 600 it felt crushingly heavy. I barely got out from the rack and at that point I was totally mentaly defeated and screamed for help like a bitch halfway down.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That kind of weight always feels like a ton but truthfully, it looked like an opener. Ballpark here but I bet you'd have a good shot at 3 with 600. That would put you at about a 660 single. 640 would be a given. Your thoughts?

He's not kidding, Flex you have a lot more in the tank. Get a lil crazy, try to find a PLing gym around and load the bar. Have side spotters and one behind for peace of mind and then get mad at the fucking bar and do it.

Flex, your vids are always motivating.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
He's not kidding, Flex you have a lot more in the tank. Get a lil crazy, try to find a PLing gym around and load the bar. Have side spotters and one behind for peace of mind and then get mad at the fucking bar and do it.

Flex, your vids are always motivating.

I'm gonna try to up the weight next week. I did OK this afternoon but it was Lisa's birthday Thursday so we've been on a bit of a bender the last few nights and I kinda felt like shit. Too much beer and too little real food had me light-headed.

Need to find a meet to get ready for. My last meet was April 2018. Time to get that 1600+ total.

Reactions: 5.0
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Too much beer and too little real food had me light-headed.

Cut out the booze. That's for young pups and guys who are not serious about putting up some real numbers; that ain't you man. I'm pulling for ya!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic