Kiddorism
What's New?

Slin with AAS...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Insulin is not as dangerous as people claim it to be. Like any other drug it can be if done incorrectly... literally eat carbs and there’s little to no side effects.

I utilize 8iu humalog pre and post workout with no issues, just figure out where you fall for what’s needed and if nervous track your sugars with a meter.

I like the feeling of going hypo so I adjust as needed based on how I feel

Start as a low dose and work your way you based on your goals
I beg to differ. Chemo/Insulin/Potassium and Narcotics are the most regulated and double checked drugs in the hospital for good reason. Even oral anti diabetics like Januvia and Starlix can require hospitalization for hypoglycemia because of duration of effect.

That can of Coke and handful of simple carbs isn’t always enough to cover for insulin mistakes on the ride home from the gym at 55mph or while you’re standing under 500lbs.

Saying you like the feeling of going hypo seems a bit much lol. Insulin is easier to obtain than most drugs in bodybuilding which is why I used to see young bucks running Prohormones and insulin who couldn’t source gear yet.

Excess carbs might make you feel safe from going hypoglycemic but it’s also a great way to get fat as well.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I remember (quite the milestone for me these days) reading a few years ago about a bro who was using insulin regularly (no diabetic) and said he had been on the same protocol for a year (using the same amount of insulin and carbs)...He had no problems for the year...Then all of a sudden, he went hypo and almost died...Is this possible?...

Can u use the same protocol for so long, then it doesn't work?...If I'm not mistaken he also said that he had did nothing different as far as energy consumption goes...

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Insulin is not as dangerous as people claim it to be. Like any other drug it can be if done incorrectly... literally eat carbs and there’s little to no side effects.

I utilize 8iu humalog pre and post workout with no issues, just figure out where you fall for what’s needed and if nervous track your sugars with a meter.

I like the feeling of going hypo so I adjust as needed based on how I feel

Start as a low dose and work your way you based on your goals

I agree starting on the low end is the only way to really go about 1st using it...find your carb/iu ratio and stick to it for a while and adjust from there. But I disagree with it not being dangerous... one small mistake goes a LONG way. i remember a facebook photo i saw about diabetics and holidays and how people dont realize the struggle sometimes--- shows the amount of 8iu of insulin in a spoon compared to 16iu of insulin on a spoon...that much (or lack there of) of a difference can be the death of someone. I hate going hypo but I'm used to and also know what to do...but i still find myself standing at the fridge, dripping wet of sweat b/c body goes into survival mode and will just binge eat and it sucks. drank 1/2 gallon of the 5 calorie minute maid lite...why... dumb

I beg to differ. Chemo/Insulin/Potassium and Narcotics are the most regulated and double checked drugs in the hospital for good reason. Even oral anti diabetics like Januvia and Starlix can require hospitalization for hypoglycemia because of duration of effect.

That can of Coke and handful of simple carbs isn’t always enough to cover for insulin mistakes on the ride home from the gym at 55mph or while you’re standing under 500lbs.

Saying you like the feeling of going hypo seems a bit much lol. Insulin is easier to obtain than most drugs in bodybuilding which is why I used to see young bucks running Prohormones and insulin who couldn’t source gear yet.

Excess carbs might make you feel safe from going hypoglycemic but it’s also a great way to get fat as well.

agree with you @Mike_RN. its not too bad at an endocrine dr for samples but even at that, its highly regulated. shit will kill ya with a small dose. use a different syringe of 100iu vs 30iu syringe and not think. it can come on so quick if you're not used to it and its insane. even knowing its coming can be a nightmare

I remember (quite the milestone for me these days) reading a few years ago about a bro who was using insulin regularly (no diabetic) and said he had been on the same protocol for a year (using the same amount of insulin and carbs)...He had no problems for the year...Then all of a sudden, he went hypo and almost died...Is this possible?...

Can u use the same protocol for so long, then it doesn't work?...If I'm not mistaken he also said that he had did nothing different as far as energy consumption goes...

Yes, for the most part it would be about the same but it can change. there are days where my 1iu/10carbs for diabetes is spot on but there are days where I need 3iu/10carbs and other days i probably shouldnt even take the slin. its going to regulate itself within the body, especially for a nondiabetic. for me, its pretty standard b/c i produce 0 insulin but for someone that naturally regulates, it can alter

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011

Yes it can be VERY dangerous lol I’m not debating that! Immediate death can occur if it isn’t done right but as long as it is used correctly I MEAN, it’s very very safe

obviously users need to research and know the ins and outs of what they’re doing

but personally I don’t believe it to be dangerous

I would use slin daily over T3 based on my side effects but that’s just me

Pertaining to us bodybuilders we aren’t the generic public so one would assume we make sure the dosing is correct

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Yes it can be VERY dangerous lol I’m not debating that! Immediate death can occur if it isn’t done right but as long as it is used correctly I MEAN, it’s very very safe

obviously users need to research and know the ins and outs of what they’re doing

but personally I don’t believe it to be dangerous

I would use slin daily over T3 based on my side effects but that’s just me

Pertaining to us bodybuilders we aren’t the generic public so one would assume we make sure the dosing is correct

agreed on the last part.... if you're doing your research on it and actually get into it, you probably arent joeschmo down the road looking for gear and have at least a good background b/c who just wants to pick up a diabetes medicine, right!?

i've been told by a few LE and FireDept...seen so many deaths from it. says one of the easiest ways to off someone...shoot them with slin b/c doesnt really trace the same as other drugs.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
i've been told by a few LE and FireDept...seen so many deaths from it. says one of the easiest ways to off someone...shoot them with slin b/c doesnt really trace the same as other drugs.

Yep!...Years ago when I first studied slin use, I immediately saw the advantage of using it if I were a demented SK (as long as I didn't want to get caught)….From my understanding, the medical community wouldn't even check for insulin overdose, especially if the person wasn't an diabetic...Anyway, it's a good thing I'm not an SK or revengeful ( ex-wife gave me a whole lot of reason(s) to out her) bro, not to mention my faith!...

Yes, for the most part it would be about the same but it can change. there are days where my 1iu/10carbs for diabetes is spot on but there are days where I need 3iu/10carbs and other days i probably shouldnt even take the slin. its going to regulate itself within the body, especially for a nondiabetic. for me, its pretty standard b/c i produce 0 insulin but for someone that naturally regulates, it can alter

With your acknowledging how slin can change it's character (same protocol then bam, it hits u hard),I don't see how it can be done safely?...Can u elaborate on how to use it and get around this dilemma with it's use?...

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Yep!...Years ago when I first studied slin use, I immediately saw the advantage of using it if I were a demented SK (as long as I didn't want to get caught)….From my understanding, the medical community wouldn't even check for insulin overdose, especially if the person wasn't an diabetic...Anyway, it's a good thing I'm not an SK or revengeful ( ex-wife gave me a whole lot of reason(s) to out her) bro, not to mention my faith!...

With your acknowledging how slin can change it's character (same protocol then bam, it hits u hard),I don't see how it can be done safely?...Can u elaborate on how to use it and get around this dilemma with it's use?...

Yeah man its one of those things that isnt really checked unless its aware that its typically used. i mean who thinks about slin being used for anything but diabetes. i wear a rubber bracelet ( i dont like jewelry) with diabetes on it for that reason in case i shoot too low.

i dont know if theres a "great" way to get around it honestly. for the most part, id say for non diabetics its going to be very person dependent based on how YOUR body is going to react to the extra insulin. obviously the body has its own way of regulating it so by adding to it, you're adding something that typically isnt there in overdose. its something id say i dont recommend anyone taking unless they have the time and knowledge to really focus on it. you're going to need to start low and see how you react and then still continue to adjust down the road. could easily end up more resistant as you go, same as the body with Test and then shut down. but youll eventually get the feel on how your body feels as the your sugar drops with the extra slin and if your body decides its going to drop lower than normal with the same amount of insulin, you should be able to feel it coming and adjust.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
the problem is 'shit happens'! I used to work out at a gym about 2 minutes from home so I would wait till I got home to have the post w/o shake. wasn't even doing any slin. got home after a w/o and my son is sitting in the garage with a lighter cause the power went out and the batteries were dead in the flashlite. I totally forgot about getting a shake and took him to the store to get batteries and when I got back I went hypo big time. hands vilently shaking, huge puddle of sweat all around my feet, etc etc. it took at least half an hr of eating to get my blood sugar back up. so if something like that can happen not even using slin what would be the consequences if I had taken 10iu at the end of my w/o with the intention of drinking a high calorie shake at home within a couple minutes??? if you don't have big money on the line and need to be huge to get it then why use slin???

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic