Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need a little knowledge.

T

Themechanic

Dec 1, 2019
52 year old male, this year i lost 38 pounds on keto. Started throwing the dumbells around got off the diet around July. I'm 6'1 200 pounds. Been on trt for last three years. My problem is I've toned but havent seen any real gains....added natural carbs like fruit back into the diet.....eat a lot of meat protein.......i just dont feel like I'm getting any stronger or larger.....I take the legal dr approved injection per week with anastrozole tablets......are there any good supplements that I could take to help boost the small dose of test on on??? I take zinc, selenium vit b12.....thanks

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Train like you are in a Rocky movie, add some high quality whey protein shakes throughout the day to ensure you are getting adequate amounts to allow anabolism.
However I really have no idea what you are getting in for protein, I just know most lack in that area when trying to add muscle.
Time under tension for the muscles at your age, heavier is not as good as higher reps at about 75% of your max lift per body part.
I am 53 almost 54 myself.
This applies if you want to look really awesome and like you can bench 500 lbs.
If you want to actually lift 500 lbs you will need some other advice and won't look as sexy as me..lol:p

T

Themechanic

Dec 1, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply sir. I also forgot to mention I believe I have some bicep tendonitis from doing hammer curls......which sucks. However, when I was young we did small reps with heavy weight.....but if I understand you at my age I need lots and lots of reps with less weight and lots of protein....thanks again

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Don't forget the Time Under Tension advice too. "Lots and lots" does not mean stupid high reps, or sets, but there are alternatives to seeing how much you can lift 5 times. Safer for anybody, but especially for us older gentlemen. Nothing slows progress down like an injury-induced layoff. TUT is an effective training style in itself, but it also maximizes the chances of good form, another factor in substituting consistent training for injuries.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
FWIW I have 5 years on you. Last injection of test was April and since then I've lost 20lbs and gained size on my calves, back and arms. My point is: more mgs or stacking compounds could help but its not the smoking gun. Make your muscle burn, train each set until you're gasping for air, eat at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight. Eat a variety of protein sources and eat greens with every meal. Greens like Power Greens and spinach contain chlorophyll, chlorophyll helps break down protein into usable amino acids. Since training completely off gear I accredit the aforementioned as essentials to my progress.

S

So1970

Oct 28, 2019
I agree with the time under tension. Try isometrics on all lifts .even with light weight hold the contraction as long as possible you're going to love the burn

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic