Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Thompson Fat Pad

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
As the pursuit of building my home gym continues, I'm about to purchase a Thompson fat pad with the rogue "monster utility" bench (as I can't see the point of buying a cheap ass bench then throwing another 200 to have the pad shipped), but is there any other place than rogue to buy this setup at?
Furthermore, Rogue says that they cannot put the fat pad on their 2.0 or any other bench if I order directly.

It looks like Donnie Thompson has an exclusive deal with Rogue....just weighing options before I pull the trigger.

Thanks

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Rogue is where it's at...... We actually just got a new Fat Pad for my bench. A teammate had an old Fat Pad on his but when he moved he took it with him. The new one is definitely firmer - which I really like. The old one was so soft I couldn't feel if I was centered on it. The new one feels more stable.

Either way, get it. It took 9 months of benching without it for my shoulders to start hurting again. After 2 weeks back on it ( we use it 3 out of 4 weeks in training) my shoulders feel a lot better.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Fat pad is next on my list. I was hoping for my birthday, but financial forecast looks more like Christmas.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
UHC you get it or what?
Actually I didn't. My 24 hour gym bought one about a week prior to me pulling the trigger so I grabbed a commercial bench set up for 140 bucks that I put a tack sheet on it for grip.

I do love the fat pad at the gym though. The thing is mint

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
What is the purpose behind the fat pad, helps lock the shoulders in?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Thank you sir. Pretty much what I was thinking. Im just out of the loop with that stuff anymore.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I used the titan knock off yesterday. I completely get it now. Pretty nice pad too.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Wow, this is old. I actually got one maybe two years ago. I would never go back to a regular bench.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Strong bump. I got the Thompson fat pad and Rogue Monster bench a couple years ago too. Love it.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Wow, this is old. I actually got one maybe two years ago. I would never go back to a regular bench.
I used the Bandbell for the first time today. Another fun piece of equipment to use. All the new innovation is very fun to watch. Happy training to all.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic