Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

HUGE PLATEU.... DIEITNG 9 MONTHS STUCK! ADVICE

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
I been on an intermediate fasting diet for past 8 months.... where I eat from 2pm-10pm

I try to workout before meal/cardio before 2 pm to get the day started post workout..... and I don't seem to be losing much weight. I do 70fat/200carbs/200-220 protein. im 28 6ft2 at 250..... and im stuck at 250 and I can't break it.....

my workouts can't be intense due to lack of able to go too heavy or routes due to injury. I do 45 min cardio 4x a week also in-between with some light workouts.....

now the question is.... am I under eating myself or overeating.... I would believe due to all the tdee calculators that im undereating..... but maybe im overeating???????

any opinions?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You are eating too much.....period.

on an intermediate fasting diet for past 8 months.... where I eat from 2pm-10pm

Means nothing...all comes down to cals

I try to workout before meal/cardio before 2 pm to get the day started post workout.
Means nothing...all comes down to cals

my workouts can't be intense due to lack of able to go too heavy or routes due to injury. I do 45 min cardio 4x a week also in-between with some light workouts.....

Cardio is GREAT for overall health....terrible for weight loss. Eat less

now the question is.... am I under eating myself or overeating.... I would believe due to all the tdee calculators that im undereating..... but maybe im overeating???????

any opinions?

If you are not losing weight, you are eating too much. That simple. TDEE calcs are to give you a place to START. Adjust macros/cals based on observations. (no more than once every 2 weeks). Make small changes till you find your appropriate deficit.

Things like IF can be great, but at the end of the day it still comes down to cals.

Mega

Mega

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2012
Yea sounds like you need to adjust your macros or changing it up for a week or 2 to reboot your system . How much have you lost in 9 months??

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
I'm not an expert, but from experience, I find lowering my carbs works best for fat store manipulation. I try to eat healthy fats, e.g. mono / polyunsaturated, for most of my energy and caloric needs, aside from required protein for growth / muscle repair.

Maybe try a keto diet or at least lowering your cals through macro manipulation

B

BigWill

Dec 30, 2018
Your metabolism has slowed down.
Assuming you are fairly active, your daily caloric needs are somewhere around 3400 cals.
You are consuming around 2300.
That is too large of a gap. For consistent weight loss, reduce gradually (250-400 kcals/daily) to avoid plateaus.
You might also consider switching to more meals per day to take advantage of the thermogenic effect of food.
Remember that muscle mass regulates approximately 66% of your metabolism so build as much of it as you can.
Good luck

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Man. This is a common theme but along with eating less.... train harder. Plain and simple and because you have had an injury you will need to find new ways to push that. Trust me I know injury and you will need to do things that push yourself.

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
Everytime I hit a plateau I change up both my diet and training to kind of "reset" -- but of course that equals to less food and more intense workouts.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
whatever benefit you got from IF, it's all from weight loss. muscle protein synthesis can occur up to 5 x day, so you eat less than that, you're losing out on opportunity to build/spare muscle. loss of muscle = slower resting energy expenditure. I'm very against it, unless you want to get tiny.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic