Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New Member Here

JohnPaulYev

JohnPaulYev

Jun 18, 2019
Hello all. I am no stranger to lifting; started when I was around 15. I'm 32 now, and I've been working a sedentary job in industry for about 6 years(I only recently got off the 12 hr swing shift schedule). About a year ago, I started back into the gym, but damn it was slow going at first. Felt like I had an asthma attack from just taking the weights off the rack. I went to the doc and he prescribed Test Cyp @ 175mg/wk and Vit B12(mecobalamin); my bloods were initially around 180ng/dl free test, if I remember right. After dosing, I was between 350-450ng/dl. Both of these help significantly, but I'm still not at the energy level I would like. I gave it some time to be sure and I asked that he move me up to between 200-250mg/wk. He said I was capped, so I stopped pushing.

I've been lurking here and other forums for a while, but this has been the one that seems to have the most knowledgeable members, so I decided to join. I wondered what your thoughts were on doc prescribed test vs the alternative in quality (consistent dosing, sterility, and the reliability of attainment).

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID, glad you were able to get through registration ;)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . my bloods were initially around 180ng/dl free test, if I remember right. After dosing, I was between 350-450ng/dl . . .

John, Welcome to TID.

NOT trying to knitpick, but this FYI may be useful to you as you move forward. You are confusing total Test with free Test. Your total Test IS indicative of how you compare to "normal," how much "Oomph" you have (I like to use fancy medical talk),AND to what your chances are of getting, and maintaining, a doctor's script for trt. But much of total Test is bound to either of 2 proteins and (somewhat) neutralized. The free Test that is not bound is what can exert all the effects we expect from Testosteone. Free Test is often measured in labwork too, and may factor into a doctor's decision on whether or not he will script you, and, if so, how much.

Just had some labwork done myself by Labcorp, and these are how they define normal ranges:

Total Test: anywhere between 264 - 916 ng/dl

Free Test: anywhere between 5.00 - 21.00 ng/dl

Labcorp adds that these numbers are normal for healthy, non-obese (BMI < 30) males from 19 - 39yo.

Most (all?) doctors will re-test you from time to time to see if they want to increase, decrease, or maintain your initial dose. What a doctor will dose depends also a little on how generous or stingy he is, but most doctors will pronounce "stingy" as RESPONSIBLE. What your doctor did does not seem WAY stingy from their viewpoint, from what many other trt patients post here.

Last edited:
JohnPaulYev

JohnPaulYev

Jun 18, 2019
Thanks rawdeal,

Yea, you're right. I realized after I posted; I wish I could edit it. And don't worry about "knitpicking", I am here to gain knowledge from experienced people. So I'm open to any info you feel like sharing. I didn't think my doc was stingy either, but I just felt I would benefit more from a slightly higher dose. I'd like to be on the upper end of the normal range, if possible.

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
If you do indeed have 400-ish ng/dl free test then there's very little likelihood of your doctor upping the prescription. That's a pretty hefty free-T level. Maybe double check your lab results?

JohnPaulYev

JohnPaulYev

Jun 18, 2019
Lol. Yea, that was my mistake. It was total test. It's been a while since I looked at my results and I had forgotten the normal ranges. The value is correct tho.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic