Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Who's broken and found a way to train anyway?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I'll try to keep my story brief. I've kinda been a ghost lately because I went from a bad ass geared up gym monkey in my 20s to a busted ass 30 year old pretty quick.

Have 2 herniated discs l4/l5/s1 (which got me my honorable discharge in 2010. With that I felt sorry for myself in my late 20s and really just ate like shit and trained on some machines.

Shortly after making a call to the VA from my bed calling into work my third day that week I said fuck this. Got a giant elastic weight belt, got on pain management, saw a chiropractor, and got steroid shots in my back. Did pretty well for a year until it seems the shots weekend my ligaments and I eventually tore my Acl and meniscus in my left knee, literally just turning around in place. Out again.

5 years later, with my belt and doctors, started training legs again. Boom, inguinal hernia.

Still training, about 255 lbs and 5'9, 14ish bf. but I've had to modify literally every workout around my injuries. I have a knot on my right shoulder for no reason.. Keeping me from any chest presses or shoulder workouts (and above the head pull-downs for back).

After all that long winded shit.. Who here is all fucked up? How do you work around it? Do you have special trainers? Do you wing it? Do you take essential oils? Lol.

And is it true that you can drink winny??!

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Also.. I'd post more pics but now that I have some expensive custom tattoos.. Well.
. Don't taze me bro

Attachments

• 20190217_011113.jpg
    20190217_011113.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Kosher, welcome to an elite club lol.
Tore rotator cuff during a competition prep, just had surgery to repair it. I'm almost 6 months post surgery, i'm at the end of my therapy, at least I think so lol. I have no more cartilage in my left knee, so I get injections in it 2x's/year (putting off the inevitable knee replacement surgery).
I work out with a personal trainer and we train around what may hurt that particular day lol. We have modified many things. It's what we do......you have to adapt to succeed.
I do the same when I work out on my own as well.
If it hurts, i stop and lower the weight. I try not to let the ego get the best of me lol.

I tell ya, the name of the game is mental fitness just as much as your physical fitness.

Your pic is great. Keep on keepin on!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Just keep moving brother, any means necessary. And winny, has to be ingested rectally via turkey baster for best absorbtion.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Just keep moving brother, any means necessary. And winny, has to be ingested rectally via turkey baster for best absorbtion.
What kind of diameter in the baster? I heard bigger is better and once you go anal you never go back. Between this and shooting hcg directly to my right testie I'm gonna be a monster!

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Kosher, welcome to an elite club lol.
Tore rotator cuff during a competition prep, just had surgery to repair it. I'm almost 6 months post surgery, i'm at the end of my therapy, at least I think so lol. I have no more cartilage in my left knee, so I get injections in it 2x's/year (putting off the inevitable knee replacement surgery).
I work out with a personal trainer and we train around what may hurt that particular day lol. We have modified many things. It's what we do......you have to adapt to succeed.
I do the same when I work out on my own as well.
If it hurts, i stop and lower the weight. I try not to let the ego get the best of me lol.

I tell ya, the name of the game is mental fitness just as much as your physical fitness.

Your pic is great. Keep on keepin on!

Thanks, broheim! There's a 40 year old that goes to my gym that's a freak from the UK. He's more The mountain, less Ronnie, but easily over 300 lbs. Just had a heart attack in the gym the other day. I talk to him a lot about his recovery and what caused it. For him it was his love of orals and hate of cardio. He knew his numbers were bad but the mirror told him to keep going.

What I'd like to do this year if I get the money is get a good experienced trainer that works with busted military vets and find ways to train around everything.

I always stop when something hurts. I'm not afraid to take the belt off and walk out at the first sign, but by then it's often too late, causing a 1-3 week break (where I don't do cardio either lol)

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
I don't know if I can add anything you don't already know. I have a pretty extensive injury history like, I imagine, everyone on this board. The military definitely does a number on a dude.

I just try to work around everything and do the best I can without making anything worse. Luckily, there are a ton of pretty good machines out there, so I don't have to rely on the basics so much. I also lower my weights, increase reps, and/or increase focus on my target muscle group. I mean, that's about all we can do if we're still going to lift.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I LOVE that @BovaJP liked this comment! Also, I'm busted and fucked up all over from nearly 2 decades of military service. Just do what you can brother. I do much higher reps with lower weights than I'm proud of. Check out the judgement free zone so you can still feel like the baddest mfer in the room. Just don't stop trying

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Looks like you have done a great job to adapt and overcome.At 57 with 30 plus years in construction Im pretty beat up.I do what I can and rely on light weight and alot of volume.

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
I have multiple full/partial tears in my right shoulder, a torn miniscus, two bad ankles, and the list goes on. Try new things and anything that aggervates an injury, just don't do. Lower weight, higher reps, very slow reps and really concentrating on keeping the targeted muscle group working. Focus on Time under tension.

As far as supps go, have you looked into low dose GH?

Good luck!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic