Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Coffee Makers

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
So my wife and I need to buy a new coffee maker. Our old one is a Cuisinart grind and brew which is over 10yrs old and just doesn't brew a good cup of java anymore. We like having a grind and brew coffee maker and want to get another one but with a burr grinder instead of a blade grinder. We have been looking around and are thinking about getting either a Breville Grind Control, Cuisinart Grind and Brew, or a Capresso Coffee Team. Anyone have any experience with either of these makers or have recommendations for any others for us to look at?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Over the years my wife and I have literally dumped 100's down the drain in coffee makers and espresso makers that last 3-6 months and get tossed. Still looking for one that will last. I do have an espresso maker that will last. Very simple and very inexpensive. Coffee makers, good luck, they just don't make things to last like they use too.

61-MM5xzqu-XL-SL1134-67998-zoom-1.jpg

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Over the years my wife and I have literally dumped 100's down the drain in coffee makers and espresso makers that last 3-6 months and get tossed. Still looking for one that will last. I do have an espresso maker that will last. Very simple and very inexpensive. Coffee makers, good luck, they just don't make things to last like they use too.

61-MM5xzqu-XL-SL1134-67998-zoom-1.jpg
That's old school ginny right there, 100% tried and true!

I do have a Cusinart K-Cup maker and it has lasted over 10 years now. I was breaking a Kurig every few months and this Cuisinart I am pleasantly surprised with.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Best coffee I ever had in my life was at Nana's dining room table when we would visit. Made in one of those cheap old percolaters on the gas stove. Post, that coffee and a few parlamient lights was a great way to start the day.

Nowadays I am partial to cuisinart Brewers. I think they last longer, especially given how we abuse them. What super important is that you keep it clean as hell.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Cuisinart Grind and Brew is the better one!!

I love that company, they make quality products that last!!!

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I should have bought stock in kurig after all the machines I have bought. the only one that ive had any luck with is the base model. I just bought a basic black and decker until I figure out what to do and so far so good.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Nespresso machines are solid and make great coffee. We became coffee snobs after living in Italy for 7 years. Nespresso is the only pod style coffee we like. Never had the counter space for quality grind and brew setup

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Best coffee I ever had in my life was at Nana's dining room table when we would visit. Made in one of those cheap old percolaters on the gas stove. Post, that coffee and a few parlamient lights was a great way to start the day.

Nowadays I am partial to cuisinart Brewers. I think they last longer, especially given how we abuse them. What super important is that you keep it clean as hell.
I still have a 10 cup percolator from the '50's I use, it makes the best coffee but it takes forever or in what we call forever in nowadays terms

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have had Saeco Superautomatics for the past 15 years. They are grind and brew but not traditional 'american' coffee although, you can set up the machines to brew an 'americano'.

They are pressure brew but single serving at a time. (meaning you dont brew a 'pot').

I have absolutely loved mine (on my 3rd unit). First one broke after 10 years. (which I sold on ebay for 150 as parts). This past year, I finally bucked up and got a really nice one with an automatic milk frother carafe. I sold our 7 year old unit on craigs for $400. Long story short, they are expensive, but they are not 'throw away' units. I dont regret at all splurging on the one we have now.

I am not sure if like other types of coffee, cappuccino, espresso...etc, but you cant go wrong with a Saeco.

I bought a grind and brew for my Father-in-law, and the biggest thing you have to watch is the unit does not allow the steam to rise up and moisten the area of the grinder. At the time the capresso was the best and they still use the one I bought almost 10 years ago.

I looked at getting one a while back for when we have company so I dont have to explain to everyone how to use the cappuccino maker ;). The Breaville looked to be the best.

Here is a good article.
https://coffeegearathome.com/breville-youbrew-vs-cuisinart-grind-brew-whats-the-difference/

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I use just a regular ole $30 Mr. Coffee. When that breaks i buy another.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic