Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Mud Tires

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Those 4 door Jeeps can easily run around $36-$40K. The at least all have a 4.0 axle ratio so you can easily put 35's on them. But again, that is a whole lot of money to pay for a toy. That CJ7 I had in 1980 had some kind of a polymer header on it. It constantly leaked oil. Finally one hot as summer day, I parked the Jeep and a neighbor knocked at my door to tell me my Jeep was on fire. It was totaled. Had it not been for my wife talking me into buying another one, I probably would not have taken the chance. Once I got to test drive a 4 door Renegade fully loaded I was so impressed. It was like driving a Cadillac Escalade. It cost around $46K. We paid $30K and at least got a/c, a hard top and decent stereo. Manual windows and door lock but the seats are damn comfortable. Its only my wife and I so 2 seats is all we need. We laid the back seats down so we have more storage space for groceries!

There is a Jeep place here that sells used Jeeps, most custom. you can easily find 10 year old Jeeps with 80-100K miles for $25-$30K. So the resale value is very high, especially the more custom stuff you put on. The dealer said they had almost 500 Jeeps on their lot (new/used) and they said they can't keep them in stock.

Yeah the older ones tend to bleed a little, normal tho. I loved that thing so damn much. But yes, the newer ones are tremendously well put together in a way that its like driving an SUV vs a toy kind of thing that can do much more. The jeeps are expensive as hell but like you said, they keep their value and the increase easily based on what time of the year you sale it...winter vs summer and spring vs fall, its insane. Its just my wife and I as well but I love the 4 door. I'd demand the manual windows soleyl bc i take the doors off all the time and just makes it easier to not have to do any connection junk.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic