Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Upcoming bloodwork

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Ok so I have all the basic signs of low-t and went to the VA Hospital to get checked out. The testing was less than comprehensive but it is the VA.. I'm working in getting the full report but I was told my Total Test was 404. The free test was not checked, nor was my estradiol. I have made an appointment with a local doc that the receptionist said takes my insurance. I have Bout 2 weeks till the initial appt. I want to ensure my levels are low enough to get hrt. I know 400 ain't that bad but it's bad enough for me. I am not myself and haven't been for a while. I'm hoping the doc is the type to agree that's not optimal but I also want to ensure my levels justify the script. I know true her is forever, I know the side effects and my wife and I are ok with it. We're done having kids, both fixed, and happy married . I know I can just do this on my own but I have good health insurance for a reason so if I can get it from the doc why wouldn't I try. So, how can I make sure numbers come back treatable?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Yes, I know this has been asked a million times over the years. I'm just looking for more recent protocols and any new opinions on how to do it right. My VA doc already said if she was private practice, shed be game but the VA wouldn't approve it without total testst levels under 200.. She did offer to help monitor bloodwork as often as I would like as well as order blood draws frequently enough to help keep rbc/hemocrit levels in check.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Bueller.... Bueller...

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
yeah man that whole Dr thing having to regulate is a b**ch. My endocrine (type 1 diabetic) checked mine for over a year b/c it would come back at 205, then 300, then 140, then 220 and told me that regulation makes them at or below 200 typically. He was able to get mine thru b/c of the avg lows compared to the "high". Especially with the VA, it might be hard to get much pull especially at 400. At least you know what your levels are at tho. May have to self regulate but obviously that has its own risks

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
New doc, new bloodwork, 320 without trying any of the bro-science tips and tricks. Scripted!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic