Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Complex Carbs or Fibrous Carbs?

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
I have been training in the evenings this year and right after I usually consume whey protein followed by a high protein and moderate portion of complex carbs. My goal is to speed up fast loss though. Should I only consume protein and fibrous carbs (aka veggies) after training in the evenings if I want to speed up fat loss?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What does the rest of your diet look like? You can't base fat loss off of one meal.

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
Generally my diet usually consists of shredded rotissierie chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes, sometimes tuna salad and green beans, about two gallons of water. But really after my training in the evening, my go to meal is chicken and brown rice. I have been eating wild salmon and brown rice lately though.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Generally my diet usually consists of shredded rotissierie chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes, sometimes tuna salad and green beans, about two gallons of water. But really after my training in the evening, my go to meal is chicken and brown rice. I have been eating wild salmon and brown rice lately though.
It has much to do with how much you eat not just what you eat. Man if I was limited to what you are eating I would kill myself.

Google tdee calculator and figure out how many calories you should be eating per day to maintain your weight. From there subtract 15 to 20 percent. What's left is the amount of cals you should eat daily for weight loss.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018

Fyi if you are trying to eat low fat and high protein: rotisserie chicken is loaded with fat.

W

Wham

Dec 16, 2017
it seems your looking for a a lean muscular look, since you are saying a high protein and fibrous carbs, If so. your question, you have answered it yourself.

mind you a clean diet of high protein with fibrous carbs, will make you lose fat and mass, for a dryer muscular look as a competitor would look on stage.

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
it seems your looking for a a lean muscular look, since you are saying a high protein and fibrous carbs, If so. your question, you have answered it yourself.

mind you a clean diet of high protein with fibrous carbs, will make you lose fat and mass, for a dryer muscular look as a competitor would look on stage.

Yeah, that's kind of the look I want to achieve for the most part by the end of the year. I gain muscle size pretty easily but gaining strength takes more time. I really got a lot of fat in the midsection at the moment. I'm looking for that lean athletic look right now.

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
Well, I've made progress in the last 3 weeks since posting. I lowered my caloric intake and been timing the carbs and have been dropping about 2.5 to 3 lbs each week so far, I also cut out the alcohol and tobacco so I guess that helped too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic