Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

16 Year Old who wants to become a body builder

F

fluffyegg

Jul 14, 2018
Hi guys,
I am a 16 year old teen who is 5' 11'' and weight around 145 pounds. I have been lifting on and off my whole life, and have not gotten serious until the past month. I do not know what my body fat is, but hopefully you can get an approximate estimate based on the photos I've provided. I know I'm not that strong (except for my six pack
smile.gif
), but I need tips on how to build more muscle with a good diet and workout routine. I eat less than 1000 cal a days and less than 10g of fat but at least 80g of protein. I try and eat a lot but can barely get above 1000 let alone get to 2000-3000. I go to the gym everyday to work on different parts of the body everyday. I go for about an hour, concentrating on a particular part of my body everyday. I am also a track and field runner and I have high metabolism. I sleep about 10 hours a day. I don't really do squats or deadlifts, so can you recommend me a program or training routine? Anyways, take a look at my pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3666.JPG
    IMG_3666.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3667-1.JPG
    IMG_3667-1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3670.JPG
    IMG_3670.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3676 2.JPG
    IMG_3676 2.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 23
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sixteen yo, "lifting on and off your whole life," huh? Sorry, couldn't let that one go by. You're not gonna like the rest either:

Not sure how to address the issue of difficulty eating more, but I sense you're being too easy on yourself. You HAVE to eat more than 1000 cals ed, plain and simple, or you're just wasting your time, and ours. 2000 seems (maybe) like maintenance range, 3000 for gains, ESP. for someone with your self-inflicted handicaps.

Not my business to tell you to drop track&field, but doing it and bodybuilding together is not ideal.

You not only do not need to be doing bodypart training ed, or even 5-6 days per week, it is counterproductive for you with all your other self-inflicted handicaps. Do 2 or 3 per week, or at most eod total body workouts involving relatively few basic exercises that work muscle groups, not isolated muscles. Squats and Deadlifts may not be mandatory in the purest sense of the word, but they are the core of most programs, and of ALL programs for people in the shape you're in.

Go back and revaluate where you are today and where you REALLY wanna be in the future . . . and what you're willing to do to get there.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Being skinny with abs is like being fat with tits. Nobody gives a shit. Why are you eating so little...? Bench squat deadlift row and eat alot of food. Follow proper form and worry about single muscles later. Theres no need to become fat while eating to get bigger muscles just pick the right foods. You'll probably gain some fat and thats ok. You can take it back off later. Right now you are 16 the prime of your muscle building life. Eat like a hog, lift heavy, and sleep like a bear.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
M- squat, calf raise, abs
W - bench, military, tri ext, abs
F - dead lifts, bb rows, pull ups, curls, abs
If I were you I would watch mike o'hearns utube videos as he has great info on form on all these lifts and great info so you don't end up on your 4th joint repair surgery like myself at 57.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Your post basically says I know what I need to do but it's hard and I won't do it.

So what do you want from us?

You need to eat more and you need to do heavy barbell work. What?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Do 10yrs of Squat, Incline Press, OHPs and Barbell rows. Quadruple your calories per day. Stop running.

Barbellrust

Barbellrust

Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys,
I am a 16 year old teen who is 5' 11'' and weight around 145 pounds. I have been lifting on and off my whole life, and have not gotten serious until the past month. I do not know what my body fat is, but hopefully you can get an approximate estimate based on the photos I've provided. I know I'm not that strong (except for my six pack
smile.gif
), but I need tips on how to build more muscle with a good diet and workout routine. I eat less than 1000 cal a days and less than 10g of fat but at least 80g of protein. I try and eat a lot but can barely get above 1000 let alone get to 2000-3000. I go to the gym everyday to work on different parts of the body everyday. I go for about an hour, concentrating on a particular part of my body everyday. I am also a track and field runner and I have high metabolism. I sleep about 10 hours a day. I don't really do squats or deadlifts, so can you recommend me a program or training routine? Anyways, take a look at my pics. Thanks.
What are you eating tho? 1000 and true calories isn't enough. But it's hard to give more advice not knowing you're diet. I typically have most my high school clients with up to 2 leg days a week and for all my clients that want to gain Mass squats and deadlifts is a MUST! check out my dite if you get a chance theonlinebodyshop also if recommend a weight gainer for a boost. I always like op. Nutrition Serious Mass. Be warned tho it will be a little heavy the first couple times and it is also expensive gnc also has a decent gainer with about 750 calories/serving far as other suppo not a whole lot more you can take at your age. But you really don't need much other than bcaa's, aminos, creatine and glutamine.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Nice troll.

If not, listen to the above advice. Especially Mike_RN.

Last edited:
F

fluffyegg

Jul 14, 2018
Isn’t it good to do cardio on non training days?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Isn’t it good to do cardio on non training days?

It is good in many cases. I am not too sure about in your case however.

AND . . . when you see "cardio" mentioned in a bodybuilding context, it usually does not include the running track and field your op claims.

F

fluffyegg

Jul 14, 2018
Isn’t it a better option to stay lean and gain muscles than just to get far with the 3k calories? I feel like I’m going to get very fat and have to calories eating 3k calories a day. Can any of you recommend good nutrition sites? My cardio is just a 3 mile jog on the road

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic