Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

upper bicepts repair

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
been having major pain in my lft shoulder at the upper bi tie in. had xray and mri and was initially told nothing definitive other than 'floaters' that should be removed and could solve problem. I met with the surgeon today and he said that there is major damage to the tendon at the shoulder tie in from the lower bi. apparently its fairly rare but easily repaired. he is going to scope my shoulder to see if there is any other damage and if there is only what he see's on the mri he will remove the 'floaters' and then cut off the upper damaged portion of the tendon and then reattach the tendon. he seemed very confident that my pain will end pretty much immediately and I can return to the gym for very light lifting and stretching within a few days and gradually return to full strength within 3 mo. this is very good news so when he asked how soon I wanted it done I told him yesterday! best part is its an outpatient surgery and will only take a hr to do.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Interesting. A lot of guys who fully rupture the biceps tendon up top are unable to get it repaired. The surgery typically doesn't go well. Sounds like you got lucky it wasn't a full rupture.

How did it happen any clue?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
im 56 so I think it was due to repetitive use and going to heavy on inclines because that inj. always happened during sets of bb inclines w/ over 225. think ill stick to db from now on...….....

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
had surgery this morning. dr repaired the upper tendon of the outer bi, it was frayed, on its way to detaching, and extremely painful. he also scoped my shoulder, found, and removed a lot of dibrie. good news is no damage to my rotator cuff. bad news is when I woke up I had a oxygen mask on and was told they had a hard time waking me up, they did a spinal to numb my shoulder and arm at about 7am and at 1am, 18 hrs later, my arm is still numb and I cant move it. my hand is about 50% awake. because of the area of the surgery the spinal was in my neck very close to possible fatal results if stuck in the wrong place.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
DAyuum good luck brother I am still trying to recover from my bicep issue, did badass cardio yeterday with 40 inch box jumps afterwards then a ton of extensions and some very light pulldowns and cable rows just to get some movement.
I can really only train legs right now and stay fit and lean as possible, HOPING to get better by some degree in the next couple weeks myself.
best wishes man I am 52+ myself and am in no ay ready to hang it up:D

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
DAyuum good luck brother I am still trying to recover from my bicep issue, did badass cardio yeterday with 40 inch box jumps afterwards then a ton of extensions and some very light pulldowns and cable rows just to get some movement.
I can really only train legs right now and stay fit and lean as possible, HOPING to get better by some degree in the next couple weeks myself.
best wishes man I am 52+ myself and am in no ay ready to hang it up:D

ya, my primary who is an internal med. dr. so hes all about getting a colonoscopy, sleep study. low blood sugar issues, and I told him that I could care less about extending my life if im gonna end up in a wheel chair so once my pain issues are dealt with THEN ill take care the internal issues.
ive also been doing primarily aerobics until my shoulder is ready to go and ive gone from 230lbs to 212lbs as of yesterday am. good thing is I don't seem to be losing muscle and my abs are coming out with more cuts everywhere.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic