Rolanalon
What's New?

On testoviron only cycle

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
While I agree with a lot of what has been said here, I don't want you to be discouraged. Getting back in the saddle can be tough, but you're making the step to do so, so good for you! If you're strength has gone up and your weight hasn't changed, you've likely gained muscle while lost fat during your 11 weeks. That's tough to do. You probably don't see much "results", as you're still carrying too much bodyfat to see your results.

Don't quit or be discouraged. You didn't gain the weight in 11 weeks, so you won't lose it in 11 weeks either. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Run a smart PCT, and dial in your diet with reasonable cardio. While steady state cardio is OK, doing high impact interval training, I think, is better when you're trying to drop BF and hold muscle (and even build).

Post your diet, and people here can give you recommendations. One thing I strongly recommend is a daily multivitamin, as you want to make sure you're getting all the vitamins and minerals while in a calorie deficit. Protein, carbs and fats are your macronutrients, but the vitamins and minerals are your micronutrients, and play a role as well. Your body will respond, as you've been lean before, so stick with it!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Getting back in the saddle can be tough, but you're making the step to do so, so good for you!

VERY much agree. That is the first step, and bringing training back and making a part of your life again is not always easy. BUT, once you get in the groove, you will be amazed at how quickly you bounce back!.

I was out of the gym for a decade. When I came back, I decided to really focus on learning to eat towards my goals. You will find differing opinions and lots of guys with success in each. I can only share that I am a firm believer in IIFYM (if it fits your macros). A structured diet, is the FASTEST way to any goal.

I tell people this..... If gaining strength and mass are a goal, and having a muscular physique is in there as well and there is still progress that you can make, you should never be the same weight 2 weeks in a row. For me, a 750-500 cal deficit run for 10-12 weeks, followed by a 250 cal surplus was all I did for the first 4 years coming back. I would eat a surplus for 4-5 months and the scale would rise 30lbs (12+ lbs is just water/glycogen shift so the actual gain was 18lbs or 1/2lb/week), and then I would diet for 10-12 and figure out how much I could hold on to. I then repeated over and over.

Good luck man. Invest the time in learning to eat effectively. How that works for you can be any number of ways....but find it and stick to it!

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
While I agree with a lot of what has been said here, I don't want you to be discouraged. Getting back in the saddle can be tough, but you're making the step to do so, so good for you! If you're strength has gone up and your weight hasn't changed, you've likely gained muscle while lost fat during your 11 weeks. That's tough to do. You probably don't see much "results", as you're still carrying too much bodyfat to see your results.

Don't quit or be discouraged. You didn't gain the weight in 11 weeks, so you won't lose it in 11 weeks either. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Run a smart PCT, and dial in your diet with reasonable cardio. While steady state cardio is OK, doing high impact interval training, I think, is better when you're trying to drop BF and hold muscle (and even build).

Post your diet, and people here can give you recommendations. One thing I strongly recommend is a daily multivitamin, as you want to make sure you're getting all the vitamins and minerals while in a calorie deficit. Protein, carbs and fats are your macronutrients, but the vitamins and minerals are your micronutrients, and play a role as well. Your body will respond, as you've been lean before, so stick with it!
well said brother!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic