Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Finding Gyms while travelling

B

Byron van Vugt

May 22, 2018
Hey Everyone

I'm heading away on holiday soon, spending time in both the US and in Europe.

I'd love to know what everyone does to find gyms/keep working out whilst they're away from home?

Im not a fan of running or cardio, so would ideally get into gyms if they're not too expensive, or have some sort of alternative workout.

Cheers

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I have a membership at one of the big fitness chains which have locations in most popular locations in the States. This isn't my main gym when home, but it only costs $20 a month which I consider worth having as an option.

A lot of hotels offer some type of fitness center and I also use these sometimes. Not much in the terms of equipment, but most have some type of Universal "like" machines that are decent for some high volume maintenance work.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I found a nice gym when I was sent to Germany for work for a month, but I never ended up joining or going. I just got back into it when I returned.

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
For both domestic and international travel, I usually choose an Intercontinental: they almost always have a full-size gym that doesn't disappoint, as far as travel gyms are concerned. There are also a fair amount of spa/hotel combos through Western Europe that offer full access to their on-ground facilities if you stay there (or for a small fee if you're just visiting the gym). I never did use a gym chain while living in or traveling through Europe, but there are a decent amount, and I'm guessing they might offer some sort of reciprocity agreement or package you can purchase for access to all franchises.

If you work for the D0D, you can access military/government installations throughout the world with your CAC card.

B

Byron van Vugt

May 22, 2018
Thanks guys

two_slug, do you have any idea if membership at your chain gym requires a US address? In the past I've tried to sign up for free trials while I'm away, but the generally want proof that I'm living in the US, which im not!

Otherwise its looking like sticking to hotels with good fitness facities while I'm not staying with family is my best bet! And then when Im with family I'll suck it up and pay the day rate.

Thanks for your help!

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I've been on a 50%+ travel rotation for the past 8 or so years. I typically research the area where I'm going and gather all the gym contact numbers. Then I cold call, or email, each gym manager and tell then that I'm in town on business for X days and I'm looking for a place to train. I get all kinds of responses from the outrageous ($20/day) to the insanely generous (just come train for free). It has always paid dividends for me to do a little footwork before arriving.

M

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Between hotel gyms and resistance bands I can get in a descent workout. For a real gym I web search the city I am staying in and pay the 'day pass' to get some iron.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Between hotel gyms and resistance bands I can get in a descent workout. For a real gym I web search the city I am staying in and pay the 'day pass' to get some iron.
You still consider cock rings as 'resistance bands'?

2ez II

May 31, 2018
Planet Fitness black card. this cats dont have much weight to add to the bar....but it will due...at its cheap and nation wide $20

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic