Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

3 times a week leg training

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
In an attempt to bring my legs up I gave 3 times a week leg training a go. Monday, Wednesday and Saturday quads and calves 4 weeks. Tuesday upper body maintenance. I have practiced priority training rear delts, calves and upper pecs with success.

More growth is supposed to follow in the next 4 weeks of one day a week leg training and its back to another 4 weeks of 3 times a week leg training. Anyone else have experience with this protocol?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I was doing a superset (quads, calves) daily with legs, didnt see any improvement....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Front legs or rear legs?

Ever heard of SMOLOV. It's a squat program where you squat 3x a week. It adds lbs to your squat which if you eat adds inches to your legs. It's also very taxing. I wouldn't go 4 weeks 3x a week and then 4 weeks 1x a week. You'll be taxed hard. I'd do something more like 3x a week for 4-6 weeks and then 12-14 weeks 1x week.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Ever heard of SMOLOV. It's a squat program where you squat 3x a week. It adds lbs to your squat which if you eat adds inches to your legs. It's also very taxing. I wouldn't go 4 weeks 3x a week and then 4 weeks 1x a week. You'll be taxed hard. I'd do something more like 3x a week for 4-6 weeks and then 12-14 weeks 1x week.

Today is the last leg session of the 4 week program. I am worn down and going take a week off from training. I'll look up SMOLOV and definitely consider a longer 1x a week.

Thanks BI

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Oh hell yeah, Download Big Beyond Belief or the Titan Training Manual somewhere for free and it has similar concepts. Everyone thinks its total BS but can't tell you why. The best athletes in the world train multiple times a week although top bbers usually do just 1x. To me this proves only that rx plays the biggest role in hypertrophy since higher frequency is supported by about all literature for both bbing and pling. It's just how the body is designed.

The key is what you are already doing...overreaching then deloading. During your 1x week I would still do lower intensity and volume. This week is all about recovery...no new damage. Also, you need to obviously have lower volume sessions all the way around.

Hawk

Reactions: CFM
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I think Smolov has 4x week in some phases. Russian squat program is 3xweek.
Texas method is also worth looking into, only one intense set on day 3

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think Smolov has 4x week in some phases. Russian squat program is 3xweek.
Texas method is also worth looking into, only one intense set on day 3

There are several variations. There's even a 5x a week program which I have never seen anyone with big enough balls to try.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
For me it's not necessarily a balls issue. More of a time issue. It takes me awhile to warm up for any decent weight and my work schedule is erratic, blah blah, blah.
I've always wanted to try a super high frequency squat, but never made more than 3x week.
Got a link to a 5x Smolov?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For me it's not necessarily a balls issue. More of a time issue. It takes me awhile to warm up for any decent weight and my work schedule is erratic, blah blah, blah.
I've always wanted to try a super high frequency squat, but never made more than 3x week.
Got a link to a 5x Smolov?

I don't have a link but I have a bunch of Russian training journals/books that I got when I was Oly lifting but that was a LONG time ago.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Well, there's the "Bulgarian method"
I recall from my brief foray into oly lifting 20 yrs ago that I squatted almost daily, but the point was to develop the lifts themselves rather than the squat.
I have considered the idea of leaving a light weight in the rack and squatting it every time I enter the gym.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic