Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Do you use knee sleeves? What brand? I have an old pair of Rehband that are pretty spent and I just split my Inzers a couple weeks ago. I'm out of the loop and don't know what all the cool kids are wearing.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Do you use knee sleeves? What brand? I have an old pair of Rehband that are pretty spent and I just split my Inzers a couple weeks ago. I'm out of the loop and don't know what all the cool kids are wearing.

I typically start putting on sleeves when I hit 400+ and start wrapping around 575+ unless I'm just working for sleeve PR's. For the moment, I'm not wearing anything b/c my weights are light due to my adductor.

I'm not a fan of Rheband. I actually gave mine away. I use EliteFTS single ply sleeves when I'm back to squatting weights worth putting on sleeves. They don't warm up the joint though so I put screaming toast (topical analgesic) on the knee joint and that gets it's hot. If I was going to use a neoprene sleeve I'd use SBD's. I use their elbow sleeve and I've been VERY happy with them.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Gym relocated and moved this weekend so no training this weekend. It looks like we lost our PLing room and that really pisses me off. If the new spot looks like I think it will, I may just stop training there. Talk about a kick to the nutz.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well... SS wants to see if we can make it work at our spot. I told her I've give it a chance but I don't like it then we're going to train somewhere else. I'm pissed with their decision but there's nothing I can do. It a business decision and strength athletes aren't big money so I understand even though I don't like it.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well, took this week off for my groin area. Thinking about just taking out squats for 8 weeks and just performing pulls, bench, and ohp. It'd still be a 3x a week program just without the squats. I'm antsy to get back lifting but need to get back to 100%.

Thinking of starting this week after next. Run it 8 weeks and than start pushing squats again

MONDAY - Bench/ OHP
Competition Bench
Z-Press w/ Swiss Bar +chain
--->fatigue drop
DB Rolling Tricep Ext
T-Bar Row
Sled Pull

WEDNESDAY - Deadlift/ Accessory
Competition Deadlift
Standing Good Morning
SLDL w/DB +orange band
--->fatigue drop
Biceps Curl

FRIDAY - OHP/ Bench
Push Press w/ Swiss Bar
Close Grip Bench Press +chain
--->fatigue drop
Hanging Side Laterals
CloseGrip Pulldown
Sled Pull

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've decided to take the next 2 weeks off from training. I won't have to change my training b/c my adductor should be 100% and I also have 4 finals coming up and I need to maintain my 4.0 so gotta buckle down and study. I'll start back up after finals.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I've decided to take the next 2 weeks off from training. I won't have to change my training b/c my adductor should be 100% and I also have 4 finals coming up and I need to maintain my 4.0 so gotta buckle down and study. I'll start back up after finals.
We all need a break sometimes. I would consider exercising that adductor with low or no weight during this time to keep the elasticity as it heals.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
We all need a break sometimes. I would consider exercising that adductor with low or no weight during this time to keep the elasticity as it heals.

Good point. I'll probably do some BW movements while at work b/c it looks like I'll start back hitting it May 1st. Also looking to pick up some voodoo floss so I can floss it at home.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Took SS to the gym and she thinks we'll be fine training there. I ordered a prowler and farmers so we'll have some conditioning we can do after our training. I bought them from Titan and if I like them I'll probably pick up a yoke from them. I still gotta get an axle.

We did decide that since it's an open space, I'll get some bluetooth headphones and not use the speaker.

2 finals done as of today. 2 more to go.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic