Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Workout equipment

D

Diana

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2018
Ok, I'm pretty new in any kind of fitness (never been a sports type :D) so I have quite a few questions.

When it comes to shoes... Do I need to get the most expencive ones or you have some suggestions? Same when it comes to clothes :)

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hi Diana, I see you are a new member, welcome.
With regards to your question about shoes, that will just come down to pure personal preference. Same as it goes with clothes.
If you are comfortable in leggings all the time and don't want to wear shorts, then don't wear shorts and wear leggings all the time.

I have my workout shoes and I use them for all things working out. Cardio and weightlifting. I used them all throughout my competition prep (just did a physique show on 3/31). The amount of money spent on either does not always equate to your personal preferences.

Buy a pair of nice cross trainer shoes and see how they go for you. Start middle of the road in terms of price or if you have the funds, by all means splurge. You can also go to a good sports store and they can recommend a pair for you there.
In terms of working out clothes, wear things appropriate for the activity. For instance, if you are going to do cardio, you may want to go less on the clothes so you can feel lighter. At least this works for me lol. For instance, I will wear a sports bra, tank top, shorts, socks and shoes. Sometimes if I am lifting weights, I may wear the same or what not. I usually wear layers and shed layers as I get warmed up.

Hope this helps.

D

Dony

TID Lady Member
Sep 14, 2022
Ok, I'm pretty new in any kind of fitness (never been a sports type :D) so I have quite a few questions.

When it comes to shoes... Do I need to get the most expencive ones or you have some suggestions? Same when it comes to clothes :)
Hi! The most important thing is that you like the clothes and feel comfortable in it. I remember going to the gym in baggy pants and a T-shirt. It was very comfortable, but I didn’t like the way I looked, in fact, it had a very strong effect on the desire to exercise. When I bought beautiful clothes, I immediately got the mood to put them on and go to exercise. I wish you good luck on the way to your ideal body! Talking of shoes, pay attention to how you will exercise. You might be fine with regular ping pong shoes or fitness shoes that are lightweight and have a special fabric to let your foot breathe. If you plan to run a lot, then your shoes should protect your heel from a sharp blow to the ground.

IronBreez

IronBreez

Aug 3, 2017
When I bought beautiful clothes, I immediately got the mood to put them on and go to exercise.
This psychological motivation is so often underrated. Do what keeps you motivated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic