Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Is there such thing as losing weight yet the waist is the same size?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
The price, lol!

Good question, I never tried hydrowhey.
Yeah I know it's much more. After I had asked you I read on it. It mentions it has more grams of protein per serving among other things. Idk I guess I need to be happy that while I haven't gained mass I've lost weight while lifting and doing cardio. By weight loss I don't mean the scale but clothes fit better. I guess that's lean mass.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's called body recomposition.... loosing fat while gaining muscle which equates to the scale staying the same number.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I usually take it in the morning and post workout. The rest of my protein is with food. I guess I'm doing it correctly lol.
Would I make better gains using whey in the morning and caisen before bed? Or just continue with the whey only?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I'm taking Whey protein but do I need creatine and dextrose too to make gains?
Is Dextrose healthy because I read it really spikes the blood glucose and that can be bad as far as diabetes goes, correct?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Is CLA conjugated linoleic acid effective for weight loss?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Is CLA conjugated linoleic acid effective for weight loss?

The results that made CLA popular where studies were done on mice (like most others) the issue from CLA is the source of CLA as an OTC supplement varies too much from company to company. The other issue which was not truly addressed was the amount of CLA needed for humans to see results. They say 3 grams per day but some studies I read about years back said the "mouse" studies actually were upwards of 6-8 grams per day which is costly and still not enough human testing to prove it made an impact on body fat.
Now from I remember it did have an anti-catabolic effect during lower calorie dieting so you kept more muscle while you lost fat do to diet and exercise.

I think it is a decent supplement just as a fatty acid but don't put too much stock in it burning off fat like it has been pushed for a couple of decades.

My 2 cents which in some small very poor countries that is worth about 1.6 cents

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I bought Con-Crete brand Creatine HCL.
Will this help me put lean mass?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Update. It's been 18 months since I started lifting and doing cardio. Im not sure im making good progress though.
The scale has gone up from 168 or so to 173. I haven't lost any inches nor gained but some clothes fit much better.
Is this normal at this stage?

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
yep its normal---u might have gained in other areas that ur not really looking at

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Update. Despite lifting weights I have lost chest size. I started at 42.5 and now 37.5.
My waist was 42 and now 40. Does this mean im losing weight and muscle or burning fat for muscle?

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Humans store fat throughout the muscle bellies much like beef. As such it's going to account for a certain amount of size of the muscle in question. so losing that fat could decrease the over all size. maybe you stored a lot of fat in your chest?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Humans store fat throughout the muscle bellies much like beef. As such it's going to account for a certain amount of size of the muscle in question. so losing that fat could decrease the over all size. maybe you stored a lot of fat in your chest?
I do have fat around the chest and stomach. I'm glad to have lost inches around my waist and chest. I guess that means some of the pec flab has come off.
At this point im not so concerned about muscle size but more about losing weight and toning up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic