Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

RIGHT SHOULDER SHUTS DOWN ON PUSH MOVEMENTS

M

mgid006

Oct 10, 2012
I am having issues pushing a 40lb. dumbbell on inclines. It seems I have no support from the back muscles on bench and shoulder presses. I have been doing bands, lightlty, to get a complete stretch. Not much pain , just no power. Any opinions ???

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I know when I tore my rotator cuff I lost 50% of strength right away.Did it happen right away or over a period?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
At 56 yrs old ive had more than my share of shoulder pain/inj. I learned that when the bar gets approx. 2-4" from your chest your pecs are no longer engaged and the tendon between your upper bi and lower delt pretty much takes over and endures a lot of stress. Next time your in the gym slowly lower the bar and watch as your delts roll back when the bar gets close to your chest. I have learned that if I wrap my thumbs, tuck my elbows, roll my head forward so my chin touches my chest, and stop at no less than 2" from my chest, I avoid all shoulder pain.

whippedeye

whippedeye

Jan 14, 2016
How do you perform on flat bench and shoulder press?
I take it you never had surgery or injuries right?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
My previous post was in regards to using a flat bench doing bb bench press. As far as injuries, as I indicated in my previous post, the reason for so many adjustments in how I bench is because of the numerous shoulder inj ive had. When I use db for bench I usually do inc w/ a very low incline. db allows you to keep your hand position in the most comfortable position and use a full range of motion without worry of inj., for me I like to turn my hands, pinkie side, in as I come down and reverse on the way up. I also like to go as low as possible touching the db plate to my shoulder on the bottom again without worry of inj. When I bb incline considering most inc. benches are far to high I like to scootch down and get the inc. as low as possible to take as much pressure of my shoulders as possible. Use a close grip, wrap your thumbs, and only go as deep as your chin. When I do military's I always use the smith machine for bb presses, use a fairly close grip, use a false grip, and again, only go down as far as my chin. All these adj. seem to keep my inj. to a minimum but I still do get hurt mostly from to heavy or overtraining. Hope this helps.....

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Dude...you need to see an ortho doc for an evaluation, simple as that. Your problem might be resolved by PT, maybe surgery....I hope not.

T

T H

Feb 8, 2018
Hurt my left 10 years ago, DR said was a severe strain of pec, rotator, and lat...gave me anti inflammatory and told me to rest and go easy. Still feel a twinge and lose power occasionally to this day. Sometimes I think they're guessing, probably should've went for 2nd opinion

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic