Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Need help with diet. How much and what to eat to cut

A

atep500

Dec 4, 2017
Just looking for guidance on diet and cutting. I'm a short guy, which I like cause I have no problem putting on muscle even with eating not a lot and smoking. I'm currently 5"2 27 years old 170lbs 19% body fat. All my fat is in my stomach. I was 150. A few months ago till I went crazy chasing pussy, all the alcohol, dates eating shitty caught up to me. Wasn't lifting as hard. I had 15% body fat at 150 if I remember correctly. My question is what Calorie range/ macros should be in to cut just fat from my stomach. I want to stay bulky, just lose stomach fat. Regimen as follows 5 days a week: one body part each day. Throw in tris and bis twice a week, sometimes back twice too. 7 workouts each body part 4 sets each, plus pull ups every day: 3-4 sets reps 10-15 each set: Cardio 3 days a week. Hit for 20 minutes, and 5 minute cool down. Trying to do more. Going to add a light cardio in the morning everyday, just waking on incline for 20 minutes, before breakfast. The problem is my diet is just not as consistent enough. I just want to find a place setter on how much to eat. Current diet which can be way better: breakfast: either 4 eggs scrambled, turkey bacon egg and cheese sandwich, or 1 cup steel cut oats with a little honey. Before lunch snack: if I have it. Blue diamond chocolate almonds. Lunch either any lean meat with a cup of rice or a cold cut sandwich. Before gym snack. Quest protein bar, pb&j on wheat or 1 cup of steel cut oats with a little honey. Dinner: lean meat with rice and veggies or 6 eggs scrambled 3 slices of boars head yellow American and 2 cups of oats with honey. Diet needs to be better

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Google tdee calculator and fill in the blanks. That will get you a rough educated guess for starters.

You yourself point out your own shortcomings. Not consistent, lots of drinking etc...

Clean up your act and be consistent. That's all it takes.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Yep, its not a race, its a lifestyle. I managed plenty of boozing and man whoring and stayed right under 11% for many years. In my experience it takes a lot more work to 'get there' than to stay at a good BF% to mass ratio. Like POB said: be consistent.

J

John Garcia

Dec 20, 2017
Hey, you can also take advice from dietitian.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
If you think about it this way, it took you x amount of months of eating excess calories to put on the fat. So more than likely it will take the same, if not a little longer to lose the fat. It won't ha open over night...

1lb of fat is about 3500 calories, so to lose 1lb of fat a week yo u have to burn 3500 calories over your maintenance, calory number.... good luck...

C

Courtney Nichols

TID Lady Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi there, I agree that you can also take the advice of a nutritionist who can guide you better about the diet plan. Most of them starts dieting without any advice and they have to face many issues. My sister is overweight and she is following a livre régime from Cellublue. According to her it is working and helps to reduce weight.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Google tdee calculator and fill in the blanks. That will get you a rough educated guess for starters.

You yourself point out your own shortcomings. Not consistent, lots of drinking etc...

Clean up your act and be consistent. That's all it takes.

There is a lot of valuable information in Pillar's post, even though it is so brief.

The tdee calculator will help you calculate your maintenance calories (roughly how many Kcals of food you need each day to stay at your current weight). Then you can start tracking how many Kcalories you are consuming with a food log (myfitnesspal or fitday or one of many others). After a couple of weeks of tracking your normal diet, you can start adjusting it until you are in a slight caloric defecit (250Kcals to 500Kcals below maintenance is ideal). If you are doing this right, you will lose 5 or more pounds the first week (mostly water), then 1 to 2 lbs each week thereafter.

You don't want to lose more than 2 lbs on average after the first week as you will lose too much muscle mass if you do. If you aren't losing at least 1 lb per week, you should lower your food consumption even more.

It is important to eat sufficient protein -- at least 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight but as much as 1.5 grams is fine. Some folks advocate even higher protein. For a beginner 1 to 1.5 should be sufficient. After you learn more you can experiment with increasing above that if you like.

For a normal diet you should have some fats in your diet and some carbs. I would want to have at least 80g of fats in any normal diet. Carbs can fill the caloric gap (i.e. eating 180g protein at 4 Kcals per g protein = 720 Kcals and eating 80g fats at 9 Kcals per g fat = 720 Kcals for a total of 1440 Kcals and if your goal is 1800 Kcals (I made this number up) fill the 360 Kcal gap with carbs at 4Kcals per gram or 90 grams of carbs).

If you aren't losing fat, lower the overall Kcals until you start losing.

You can have a cheat day once per week, but don't go crazy. Maybe have dessert after a normal dinner, or some extra fruit and/or nuts through the day. As you tighten up the diet you may want to cut back on cheat days until they are only once every other week or maybe only once per month.

Consistency is the key to the whole thing. Once you become consistent about your food (logging the food, tracking your Kcalories, eating the same Kcalories and macros each day) you will start to learn what is working and what is not and will be able to adjust accordingly.

Minimizing alcohol consumption, cutting back on or eliminating junk food, pizza, chips, sweetened drinks, candy, etc. will make this all easier. Eating home cooked food, made from fresh ingredients is a good idea but not strictly necessary. Eating the same foods through the week will help as well.

Good luck!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic