Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is there such thing as losing weight yet the waist is the same size?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You likely have gained a little bit of muscle. Your weight can also swing substantially just in the amount of water you're holding. Try to weigh yourself at the same time of the day to get a better "apples to apples" comparison.

Then again, you may just choose to throw the scale away and not worry about your weight. Look in the mirror and notice how your clothes fit. Your clothes do NOT lie.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
You likely have gained a little bit of muscle. Your weight can also swing substantially just in the amount of water you're holding. Try to weigh yourself at the same time of the day to get a better "apples to apples" comparison.

Then again, you may just choose to throw the scale away and not worry about your weight. Look in the mirror and notice how your clothes fit. Your clothes do NOT lie.
I weigh myself once or twice a week right when I wake up and it's usually the same 166 to 168.
You are right though I should just lay the scale to rest.
Some clothes fit me tighter shoulder wise but not so loose on the abs. Depends on the clothes as some fit better around my abs.

D

devst8r

Oct 13, 2017
just keep lifting, another 6, 12, 18 months and you should definitely see more results if you are training hard and eating hard

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Anyone heard of white kidney bean supplement? It's suppose to block of the carb enzyme.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
On my days off do I need to still consume the same amount of protein and calories?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017

I tried some shirts the other day and some fit me much better. Especially a shirt that I had from when I was 20 (44 now).
What's interesting is some shirts of the same size fit better then others.
Could it be that I'm exchanging fat for muscle or losing some muscle as I am losing fat?
Also I will admit I've been lifting but no doing so much cardio in 3 months.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
A pound of fat is about the size of your fist. A pound of lean muscle is about 1/3 the size of your fist. So hypothetically, if you lose 5 pounds of fat and gain 5 pounds of lean muscle, the scale says you've lost no weight, but your clothes tell a very different story. My guess is that you've lost more fat than gained muscle, but you have put on some lean mass. Good work!

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Thanks! Yes I have a button up shirt that a few months into starting was fitting tight at the stomach and tight at the shoulders. Made me look muscular. I think what happened was at the time the shirt fit me tight from the shoulders and I thought it was muscle but most likely that was how it fit to begin with that's why I never wore it. But now it fits me much better at the stomach area and better at the shoulders because like you said I lost fat and in return sacrificed some muscle perhaps or maybe just more fat came of off the shoulders too.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
In having sciatic back pain and I may have to cutback on lifting heavy or workout less now.
Anyhow I take a protein powder daily. What I want to know is. Do I still take a good amount of protein daily even if my goal now is to not bulk up but just lift light and get toned?
I don't want to waste money on protein if I'll defeat the purpose in my case.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
A pound of fat is about the size of your fist. A pound of lean muscle is about 1/3 the size of your fist. So hypothetically, if you lose 5 pounds of fat and gain 5 pounds of lean muscle, the scale says you've lost no weight, but your clothes tell a very different story. My guess is that you've lost more fat than gained muscle, but you have put on some lean mass. Good work!
Is creatine supplements a must when lifting?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Is creatine supplements a must when lifting?

No, creatine is not a must, but it is one of the most effective over-the-counter supplements.

Generally, you load it at a high dose for 1 week, and then drop down to a maintenance dose. If you're a responder (about 10-20% of people say they don't respond), you'll put on about 5 pounds of water pretty quickly, and over about 4 weeks see a 5-10% increase in strength. I don't use it, but a lot of people do and find it effective.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Jordan Feingenbaum says if you aren't using creatine you are leaving "gainz on the table". Not sure if the same thing applies if you are using AAS. Anyway, I hate how puffy-looking creatine makes me and don't use it.

Reactions: CFM
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic