Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Contest Prep

J

JohnLancaster6

Jan 19, 2018
I am currently training for a bodybuilding show in April. I have been dieting and training for 3 weeks and have been seeing results but I want a second opinion. Any help would be appreciated. Im 197 lbs, 6 feet tall and looking to be between 180 - 185 for my show, here is my diet schedule.

4am (pre workout 1)- 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 piece whole grain toast (fat burner, fish oil, Amino acids, 5g glut-amine, and multi vitamin before)

6am (post workout 1)- 1 scoop protein powder, 5g glut-amine

9am- 2 4oz turkey patties wrapped in lettuce

12pm- 8oz boiled chicken, asparagus (fish oil and multivitamin before)

1:30pm(snack)- 1 can tuna

3pm- same as 9am

6pm(pre workout 2)- same as 12pm, with 1/4 rice and a sweet potato (amino acids and 5g glut-amine before)

7:30pm(post workout 2)- same as 6am

9pm- 2 serving tilapia or salmon, whole bell pepper (fat burner, fish oil, and multivitamin before)

Pro: 335
Carb: 100
Fat:92

Any feed back or help is welcome! Thanks!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I hope this is men's physique and not bodybuilding and most of the guys competing in BBing at that weight are 5'5"-5'-7" and will make you look lanky at that height. Might also consider higher carbs and lower fats this early on in prep.

J

JohnLancaster6

Jan 19, 2018
I hope this is men's physique and not bodybuilding and most of the guys competing in BBing at that weight are 5'5"-5'-7" and will make you look lanky at that height. Might also consider higher carbs and lower fats this early on in prep.
It’s a classic physique, what do you suggest I up my carbs and lower my fat to?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Keep calories the same just pull some fat back (10cal/gm and sub in Carbs 4cal/gm) this way you can drop the carbs closer to peak which will drop water and allow you to train harder until then. Timing that works best for me is majority of carbs pre and post (workout) meals

J

JohnLancaster6

Jan 19, 2018
Keep calories the same just pull some fat back (10cal/gm and sub in Carbs 4cal/gm) this way you can drop the carbs closer to peak which will drop water and allow you to train harder until then. Timing that works best for me is majority of carbs pre and post (workout) meals
Thank you, will implement this into my diet

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic