Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Stay Woke

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
As you know, take your time coming back. Enjoy the process. I know you know all this but a friendly reminder hopefully is helpful.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
As you know, take your time coming back. Enjoy the process. I know you know all this but a friendly reminder hopefully is helpful.

I’ve read it a thousand times but somehow I always find myself trying to pull 4 plates for reps on week 2 and shit because “I feel good.”

This time is different. I’ve been out of the gym so long I don’t know anybody in there. All my lifting buddies went elsewhere - it’s just me and the iron. I really plan on trying to reintroduce myself to training via better form, more contraction and less overall power so I can stay in there for a while. I need to regain mobility, lose a ton of fat and keep my back out of trouble. It’s almost like preventative maintenance coupled with a bit of hypertrophy to keep some of my muscle as I work this diet to its limits.

Upper body is stupid sore, looking to hit legs tomorrow before CarbNite ensues.
Another thing I’m doing while following this diet, differing from past attempts, is to carefully carb up. I never looked to see if the goodies I consumed were full of HFCS or other bullshit sweeteners. This time we are going to try and stick with healthier desserts, as in fresh Strawberry Shortcake or Tiramisu, cheesecake or homemade cookies/cobblers... not bowls and bowls of corn meal cereal and bags of sour patch kids. Hopefully this will allow the process to work better. A perfect example... my suggestion for tomorrow’s gluttonous meal was this amazing gas station fried chicken, cheddar bay biscuits and crack potatoes. We chose sushi and a homemade dessert we can let the kids help prepare.

Had a four ingredient slow cooker Mexican soup last night for dinner that was good, peanut butter cream cheese pie for dessert. Am noticing increased vascularity in my arms and my shirts are fitting better already.

Snagged some Halo Top sherbet and Vanilla Carbmaster milk yesterday, looking forward to that combo tonight.

CarbNite, Day 10: 307.4 lbs

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
You know there is a close association with sugar addiction and alcoholism, right? Maybe the key for you is to find supplements or whatever that helps regulate your sugar levels (even like cinnamon).

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You know there is a close association with sugar addiction and alcoholism, right? Maybe the key for you is to find supplements or whatever that helps regulate your sugar levels (even like cinnamon).
I've never thought about sugar level regulation, but am aware of the links between having alcohol and sugar problems. I recently took diabetes blood tests and they came back saying I'm good to go. Would you mind elaborating on what you mentioned?

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I've never thought about sugar level regulation, but am aware of the links between having alcohol and sugar problems. I recently took diabetes blood tests and they came back saying I'm good to go. Would you mind elaborating on what you mentioned?
I am no authority on this, but I have done lots a research on some of these things. Hopefully someone with a deeper understanding will jump in.
http://www.hipsobriety.com/home/2016/1/2/sugar-addiction-and-booze-why-it-happens-how-to-fix-it
https://www.thealternativedaily.com/herbs-that-balance-blood-sugar/

A friend of mine has been dealing with sobriety for about 25 years (he is 55 now). He is musician, played in some known grudge bands.....so he is in the realm of excess to say the least. When I met him, he was practically on his way out. He was getting these nasty ulcer sores all over his body, his teeth were falling out. Now mind you, he has never done any opiates. Weed and Alcohol. Mostly Alcohol.

He would come to the house do a bong rip, and watch me prepare food and was amazed at how wholesome my diet is. Whole grain foods, potatoes, yams, lean meats, not much pork....
At the time I was taken herbal medicine classes (Traditional Chinese and western). If he wasn't drinking, he was eating sugar. Through the osmosis of hanging out with me, he started changing his diet. Started a garden (I always have one) and eating better. I looked up herbs that would curb his sugar cravings and he started using cinnamon, making ginger root teas. Long story short, he changed the way he lived and ate. He walked away from the band scene for a while, stop drinking liquors (whiskey, gin, ...). And stuck with crafted beers. He didn't quit drinking, but he curbed it. Some people can do it and some cannot. But he is healthy, happy and maintaining. Now he ferments food, makes his own wine (out of all types of fruits) and sticks with a solid wholesome diet.

You take the American Indians for an example. The sugar they got was from beets. Low glycemic index. And they didn't eat much of it. Then Whitey gave them alcohol and sugar. Boom, down goes the Indian. People think the affects of alcohol would only claim the indian, but it's claimed many of the White, black and any other race.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know what I can do to help. Like I said, there are others lurking who may know more than I.
@Mike_RN

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
None of the cheat food yesterday was junk. Carb sweats in full effect, massive lounge day, felt great. Little man was sick as hell so we watched mad movies. Went right back to the diet today and felt good.

CarbNite, Day 11: 309.1 lbs
CarbNite, Day 12: 309.4 lbs

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
School started, haven't hit legs yet, vagina hurts, down some pounds though...
I've oddly forgotten to log the last few days on the scale.
Things are looking good so far - in the past, I ballooned up the days after most CarbNites. This time I stayed about the same, so ketosis should be coming soon and my weekly baseline is lower. I like where this is going...

CarbNite, Day 14: 309.1 lbs
CarbNite, Day 15: 308 lbs

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
None of the cheat food yesterday was junk. Carb sweats in full effect, massive lounge day, felt great. Little man was sick as hell so we watched mad movies. Went right back to the diet today and felt good.

CarbNite, Day 11: 309.1 lbs
CarbNite, Day 12: 309.4 lbs

Did he have the flu? This seasons flu is almost at epidemic levels. It's hit 6.7% of the pop and once it's at 6.9% the CDC will declare it an epidemic. This one is the worst we've had in a long time.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Mr. Go Away....

It's time to rage !!!! Let's see some iron destruction in here... barbells, dumbbells, cable stacks, tire flips, log presses, bosu balls... whatever....

blood, vomit, semen, spit... earn that shit !!!

Your girlfriend's ass ain't gonna fuck itself... get in there, pound that shit, lift some weights, and make 2018 your new bitch !!!

I'm officially declaring this journal ground zero for all that is epic...

GET PUMPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Mr. Go Away....

It's time to rage !!!! Let's see some iron destruction in here... barbells, dumbbells, cable stacks, tire flips, log presses, bosu balls... whatever....

blood, vomit, semen, spit... earn that shit !!!

Your girlfriend's ass ain't gonna fuck itself... get in there, pound that shit, lift some weights, and make 2018 your new bitch !!!

I'm officially declaring this journal ground zero for all that is epic...

GET PUMPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where have you been all my life????!??!?!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic