Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This is going to be a busy semester. Looks like I'm going to have 4 quizzes every week and a test every other week. Already took 2 quizzes during the drop/add, first week.

Looks like all I'll be doing this semester is... school, train, work, repeat. Good thing I already don't have a social life so that won't be affected, lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Training went well. I took it easy on my right groin area so I lightened the pause squats and also wore my power pants. Gonna stuff myself this week to help with recovery, break out the Epsom salt baths, and even use the tense (gonna be weird).

Not sure if I'm going to do my max effort squat day this Friday. I'll probably take it easy... better to be smart than stupid.

WAVE1 WEEK1 DAY1
BENCH/ SQUAT DAY

Comp. Bench~ 95x15, 135x10, 185x5, 215x5, 250x5, x5, 285x5, x4
Paused B. Squat +chain 92lbs (3 sec)~ 145+Cx3, 235+Cx3, 325+Cx3, +Cx3, +Cx3, +Cx3
Rolling Tricep Ext (DB)~ 30x10, 35x10, 40x10, 45x7
T-Bar Row~ 135x10, 90x8, 115x6, x6​

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I don't know what these 'power pants' are...but I needs me some. Lookin good; look forward to watching your training progression through the waves.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't know what these 'power pants' are...but I needs me some. Lookin good; look forward to watching your training progression through the waves.

Powerpants are a very thin "briefs" if you want to call them that. Most PLers don't consider them. They give my hips a bit of support. Inzer makes them and they run around $30 so if you squat more than 1x a week and you're not a spring chicken, I'd say buy one and give them a try. Now remember, they do a fraction of what briefs do so don't expect much from them.

I wore mine b/c my right groin feels like there's a slight pull. I was supposed to do 385 for 2 triples and 415 for 2 triples on pause squats, but since I'm not 100% there's no need to be dumb. Instead, I had 325lbs bar weight + 92lbs chain weight so in the hole it was only 325 but at the top it was around 415. This allows me to do work and it allows my groin to not be overtaxed in the compromised position (in the hole).

I'm 38yo and just on a bit of test (200mg/wk) so it's about training smarter and not just harder. Looking to hit around 645+ by years end w/ sleeves and belt (have hit 605) and if things go the way I'd like that should mean 700+ with wraps (a few domino's need to fall into place... namely a monolift).

This Friday I squat again, and it's supposed to be heavy bar weight (575), but with my groin I'll probably make it moderate bar weight (probably 465 or there about) plus chain weight (90+lbs).

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I have a pair of Inzer Power Pants. Haven't worn them in a while, but they do help when the groin or hip flexors are feeling strained.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have a pair of Inzer Power Pants. Haven't worn them in a while, but they do help when the groin or hip flexors are feeling strained.

I also have an the old Ernie Frantz briefs (a gift from my lifting coach). I may start wearing them in the near future.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Fvcking weather.... the city is covered in snow and ice so that means no training today. Remember I sold the truck for a more fuel efficient car so I'm stuck. I don't have work today which is nice since I have a test and quiz tomorrow. This is going to throw my whole week off. I won't be able to train tomorrow so I'll deadlift on Friday and then Squat on Sunday.

The extra 2 days of rest should help my groin. I have speed pulls (r.band pulls) Friday and then on Sunday it's supposed to be heavy squats but I've decided to make it moderate weight + decent amount of chain.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
I live in Syracuse... so I feel you on the snow shit... this winter has been one giant pain in the ass.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I live in Syracuse... so I feel you on the snow shit... this winter has been one giant pain in the ass.

I'm in the south... very, very south so this is beyond rare to have it snow 2x in the same month. Normally, it snows once every decade.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
"The deep south..." lol

Sorry, the way you said very, very south reminded me of Little Nicky...

What a terrible movie.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
"The deep south..." lol

Sorry, the way you said very, very south reminded me of Little Nicky...

What a terrible movie.

Yeah, I'm not an Adam Sandler fan at all. Personally, never understood why people found him funny.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic