Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Belly Grew Overnight at 53

KansasRock

KansasRock

Apr 27, 2017
OK, we have all heard the many excuses for a big belly, but at 53 I swear there is some sort of connection to age. About 6 months after turning 53 years old, my belly literally popped out overnight it seemed. I am fit in the chest, arms, legs, back, etc. My profile pic was taken at 51 and my stomach looked pretty much the same at 53. My stomach routine used to consist of crunches, machine sit-ups, and lots of isometrics. My belly is seriously tight like a drum and I cannot pinch any fat.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone as old as me? LOL. I have been able to stay quite fit, but this pregnant belly curse is killing me!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
303-Kindergarten-Cop-quotes.gif

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Go over your diet. Go back a couple months and check to see of you changed brands on something you eat or have you added something. A food allergy can cause bloating. Also allergies come and go, you may have developed a food allergy. Perhaps something you eat has undergone a ingredient change, that could be harder to track down.

Also consider any prescription or OTC meds and supplements you've added.

I had pizza and lasagna on the 1st of January and my gut popped out, its just now going away. I have a couple years on you, so don't worry these things only get worse with age.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Ah hell young buck

Lol welcome to the club

Are u on anything??
Come off anything??

Etc etc

I’ve seen it happen quick quick
With s1 off cycle AND TEST Crashing

Could u need to be on trt now??

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Im 53 myself and having a bloated stomach is different from gaining actual fat mass around your stomach, since bloating is temporary and mostly caused by air becoming stuck around your abdomen, making it push outward like your a fat fuck. But dont just ignore it.
In most cases, stomach bloating isn’t anything to be alarmed about. It can usually be cleared up by making some simple changes to your diet and routine, although thats not always true.. There is a small chance of it being something more serious. Should disappear in a short amount of time. From your avatar you obviously are in good shape. Ill bet it goes away as fast as it came.The holidays just passed.Did you eat more garbage than usual?? Also stay away from your friends house if they are power lifters. Their like your old Italian grandmother who tells you to just EAT,EAT its good for you. LOL

Last edited:
Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
OK, we have all heard the many excuses for a big belly, but at 53 I swear there is some sort of connection to age. About 6 months after turning 53 years old, my belly literally popped out overnight it seemed. I am fit in the chest, arms, legs, back, etc. My profile pic was taken at 51 and my stomach looked pretty much the same at 53. My stomach routine used to consist of crunches, machine sit-ups, and lots of isometrics. My belly is seriously tight like a drum and I cannot pinch any fat.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone as old as me? LOL. I have been able to stay quite fit, but this pregnant belly curse is killing me!
Up your fiber and water intake. It helped me.

gerard

gerard

Apr 19, 2012

A few reasons, Diet, Ab work, and/or the lack of The Transverse Abdominal Work, which is why many people who chase great Abs, have protruding stomachs. When you inhale and flex, Abs/Stomach looks great, when not, people look a few months pregnant. I see this all the time with gyms goers. Your problem seems to point to the layer of FAT laying under your Abs.

KansasRock

KansasRock

Apr 27, 2017
Ah hell young buck

Lol welcome to the club

Are u on anything??
Come off anything??

Etc etc

I’ve seen it happen quick quick
With s1 off cycle AND TEST Crashing

Could u need to be on trt now??

I'm only on test cyp. Whats TRT? Test Replacement Therapy? I am on it. I screwed up my system awhile back.

Dexamethasone for joint pain. Thats the only med added. Dr did change my Synthroid dose.

KansasRock

KansasRock

Apr 27, 2017
Im 53 myself and having a bloated stomach is different from gaining actual fat mass around your stomach, since bloating is temporary and mostly caused by air becoming stuck around your abdomen, making it push outward like your a fat fuck. But dont just ignore it.
In most cases, stomach bloating isn’t anything to be alarmed about. It can usually be cleared up by making some simple changes to your diet and routine, although thats not always true.. There is a small chance of it being something more serious. Should disappear in a short amount of time. From your avatar you obviously are in good shape. Ill bet it goes away as fast as it came.The holidays just passed.Did you eat more garbage than usual?? Also stay away from your friends house if they are power lifters. Their like your old Italian grandmother who tells you to just EAT,EAT its good for you. LOL

Thanks Kid. This happened about 8 months ago and it hasn't changed much since. I did start an ice cream habit, but its not fat like you said, its extreme bloating, tight like a drum. Doctors never say much, just look at it, try to pinch fat and say "well, lets wait and see". I did get a small hernia at my belly button about the same time, but maybe that was because of the extreme pressure/bloating. I think I should try modifying my diet. Any other ideas?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic