Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Roku

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Another unfortunate issue is that my favorite sports teams are not local so an antennae for local programming doesn't help. I understand that direct tv offers a streaming package which seems to be about half the cost of satellite?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Get an android tv box with kodi media player. If you don't want to fuck around with downloading apps and maintaining your own apps and all that time consuming bullshit, then I highly recommend the skystream one. Buy that box and cancel cable or satellite tv for good.

Just need a good high speed internet connection and you can stream any tv show or movie ever made.

The company (skystream) is based in Florida, and they support it. You can even get them on the phone if you're having issues and they'll fix it up in minutes. Worth every penny ($150...One time, not monthly).

I'll have to look into that. I'm bleeding money right now and that sounds like a solution to the cable problem.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
So we pulled the trigger on two refurbished Fire Sticks for $70 and we plan on loading Terrarium and messing around with the thing tomorrow!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I just didn't want to load apps and figure out which are the best through trial and error, and stay up to date with all the updates, etc.

For me, it is totally worth the $150 for the skystream box coming preloaded with their recommended apps and auto updates and full support. I just don't have the time or inclination to spend hours upon hours doing that all the time.

There are cheaper ways to do it though.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I just didn't want to load apps and figure out which are the best through trial and error, and stay up to date with all the updates, etc.

For me, it is totally worth the $150 for the skystream box coming preloaded with their recommended apps and auto updates and full support. I just don't have the time or inclination to spend hours upon hours doing that all the time.

There are cheaper ways to do it though.
I think heading in that direction eventually will be a great idea. This move was to free up monthly spending. Skystream looks excellent!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic