Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Using insulin/ double split routine

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have 4iu's GH & 10iu's insulin down solid 4 days a week. 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off. I am very full but want to bring my quads up by adding another training session each week. My blood is good (home hemo and crit tester) my BP is good. 16.3 & 121/79

I am thinking about adding another leg day on Monday in the evening. Back in the am, quads in the pm.

I cannot find anything on using insulin for a double split.
My question for experienced insulin users: Should I lower my insulin dose for the am training, say 7-8 and then 7-8 for the evening session?

Thanks in advance.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm intrigued by this. I was using slin essentially as a sleep replacement; never had the opportunity to experiment. Interested in what you find CFM.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I'm intrigued by this. I was using slin essentially as a sleep replacement; never had the opportunity to experiment. Interested in what you find CFM.

If I set out on my own (without someone else providing their experience) here is what makes sense to me. Lower my am iu's to 5, starting off with 5iu's pm and increasing the dose each training session is always an option. If I go full double split I'll be up to 10iu's in less than two weeks.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
I don't really see the point on splitting up the insulin dose. It's fine 10IU twice per day as long as you have the required amount of fast acting carbs ingested at the time. And they are at least 6 hours apart, of course

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I don't really see the point on splitting up the insulin dose. It's fine 10IU twice per day as long as you have the required amount of fast acting carbs ingested at the time. And they are at least 6 hours apart, of course

I was trying to all safe-n-sheeit, so much for that. So I went with 10/10 and wasn't really impressed with my PM session pump, but the energy and recovery from 12 SICK sets on the sled is incredible. My AM pump today was off the charts. Rich Pianna talks about using IGF-1 and the pump was so painful he had to stop. My timing was a little off about the end of my pec routine dips and pullovers pump was brutal.

I'll report back on today's PM session.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
Nothing spectacular last night.

The 7iu's GH with 10iu's insulin IM created something extraordinary. In hindsight the insane pump came the following morning.

Time for 4 weeks off the insulin protocol. I am going to run the next 2 weeks on 210mgs test, two weeks prior to my next slin run I'll add TPP and lower the test. Looking like 150 TP and 65mgs NPP during the next 4 week cycle of preWO GH & slin.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I wouldn't cut the dose in half. But I would do a little less than usual for 2 sessions. Reason for that is simply because at some point you will have to eat too many grams of carbs to keep up with the insulin. At some point you just start gaining fat.

So rather than 10iu 2x maybe start at 6 to 7.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
I wouldn't cut the dose in half. But I would do a little less than usual for 2 sessions. Reason for that is simply because at some point you will have to eat too many grams of carbs to keep up with the insulin. At some point you just start gaining fat.

So rather than 10iu 2x maybe start at 6 to 7.
Also true yeah. And my stomach gets stuffed for hours after I swallow a certain amount of dextrose

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Also true yeah. And my stomach gets stuffed for hours after I swallow a certain amount of dextrose
Would make me feel all sluggish and gross. Luckily I am a powerlifter and get away with being sluggish lol

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I am using AST's DGC @ 15% for simple carbs and 85% highly branched cyclic dextrin for longer carbs with less stomach issues. Yes my BF% climbed but I am now on my 4 weeks OFF.

I think my insulin sensitivity dropped when taking my PM dose. I also think I'll slowly drop the carbs until I feel some hypo and try that carb dosing on m next 4 week run.

So much information, some say a guy can lower his carbs, but not enough carbs (even though not going hypo) can reduce the whole purpose of taking the insulin.

I don't know why but I like playing scientist.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic