Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Should I even lift?

U

UnimatrixZero

Nov 8, 2017
Let's say that I don't meet my protein and calorie requirements for a given day. Would it be counterproductive for me to lift that day due to the nutritional deficit? I've missed several days over the last few months due to being in a deficit. I feel like this is negatively impacting my progress.

Maybe I'm just getting too caught up in the minor issues and not looking at the big picture. I don't know. I am an ectomorph at 5'4 and 110 pounds, so my body isn't inclined to gain weight. Right now I am going for 2720 calories and 100 grams of protein per day.

My question is, should I lift tomorrow if I don't have any food?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Let's say that I don't meet my protein and calorie requirements for a given day. Would it be counterproductive for me to lift that day due to the nutritional deficit? I've missed several days over the last few months due to being in a deficit. I feel like this is negatively impacting my progress.

Maybe I'm just getting too caught up in the minor issues and not looking at the big picture. I don't know. I am an ectomorph at 5'4 and 110 pounds, so my body isn't inclined to gain weight. Right now I am going for 2720 calories and 100 grams of protein per day.

My question is, should I lift tomorrow if I don't have any food?

You just referred to eating sufficient calories as a minor issue. Your diet is like 80% or more of your progress.

You're not an ectomorph. Those body type things don't matter at all. Eat until the scale starts moving. Don't trade meals for training or training for meals. Do both.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
BB, PL, SM, CF or gym rat, this is a lifestyle. Lifestyles come in all types. Maybe this one isn't for you.

Send me the meals you're ignoring, I'll eat them.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I wouldnt lift, you might hurt yourself. Lay on the couch with ESPN on loop, dont forget the nachos. If u really want to be a rebel put Fox News on loop, u might need some Pepto afterwards.....

U

UnimatrixZero

Nov 8, 2017
BB, PL, SM, CF or gym rat, this is a lifestyle. Lifestyles come in all types. Maybe this one isn't for you.

Send me the meals you're ignoring, I'll eat them.

I'm 17, my parents are "between groceries" right now. It's not under my control.

U

UnimatrixZero

Nov 8, 2017
You're 17. Get a job. Even $100/week is plenty of chicken and rice.

I'm probably getting one this coming summer. I think I have like 8 eggs in the fridge to eat for today, as well as sone peanut butter and oatmeal.

tinymk

tinymk

Feb 5, 2013
I shadow Mayo on this. Go get a job and eat like a king. If your serious about making gains, you will make eating and training a priority or you'll just stay the same size.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm 17, my parents are "between groceries" right now. It's not under my control.
This seems a bit trollish to me....

Just in case it's not, eat as much as you can when you can. One day here and there doesn't matter as long as you are in a surplus most of the time. Eggs, peanut butter, oatmeal, all great food. Eat it

U

UnimatrixZero

Nov 8, 2017
This seems a bit trollish to me....

Just in case it's not, eat as much as you can when you can. One day here and there doesn't matter as long as you are in a surplus most of the time. Eggs, peanut butter, oatmeal, all great food. Eat it

On the days that I meet the calorie requisite of 2720 (which is 7/10 of days), I generally exceed it by at least 100 calories, so I am partially compensating for my inconsistencies.

Regarding what you said about being trolllish, I don't see it. My scenario is perfectly reasonable. I am not the one buying groceries.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Um lift.....just lift... any gym time your making progress, regardless of food intake...

Only time I don't lift iss when in sick, that had to be near death bed sick, to make me not train.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic